• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Johnny Stewart record found

Started by Frogman, January 11, 2012, 11:58:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frogman

Hey guys,

We were recently cleaning out my Mom's house and my son was looking through some old 33 records.  He found a predator hunting record by Johnny Stewart.  I assume this belonged to my my step father who passed away several years ago.  Here are some pics . . .

Pretty cool, huh?  The record is in like new condition.  I listened to it and it is really neat to hear Johnny Stewart explaining about calling coyotes!  I figured you guys would enjoy hearing about my find!

Jim
You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

Hidehunter

:yoyo:  :yoyo: That is really neat.  Did it have a date on it?
Denver                                           

Frogman

Hidehunter,

Yeh, I was going to include that in my origional post then forgot??  "Copyright 1967"

Jim

KySongDog

Hey Frog

Put that sucka on a CD and bring it with ya to the LBL.   I needs, I say, I needs all the help I can gets.   :eyebrownod:

Frogman

Semp,

I thought about doing that, but I'm not sure how to go about getting it from the 33 !/3 to the cd.  I have a nice turntable, but the only cd recorder I have is on the computer.  My tech skills aren't the best, don't you know??

Jim

riverboss

Hey Jim if someone hasnt stolen it ive got a Johny stewart Record player and one record in my moms garage it takes like 10 batterys and is heavy as heck, i Use to carry it around alittle i cant remember for sure but i believe it has cotton tail on one side and mountain lion on the other.

titansfan2104

Could you imagine hauling 100 sounds out in the field with you... Might be a load!!!!

FinsnFur

Thats pretty cool.
Setting out in the woods playing records.
We shouldn't laugh...thats probably how Cronk started out. :alscalls:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Todd Rahm

Lol at Jimbo!

Thats cool, I picked one up years ago to add to the predator call collection. Yours looks to be in great shape too. I sure love the older stuff in the hobby/addiction.  :biggrin:

riverboss

Heck the batterys alone weigh more than my foxpro. Not to mention the speaker. I may have to go look it might be something someone wants.

Yote Buster

What an Item to come across,Nice Item.  I bet he could have told some great hunting stories,  i would have like to have shared a log, on a night hunt to pick his brain...
1 Shot, 1 Kill, it is what it is