• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

KY Bobcats

Started by markTNhunter, January 12, 2012, 03:44:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

markTNhunter

Went out tuesday morning bobcat calling on the 3rd stand of the day i we were calling on a big hardwood ridge with old coal strips on both sides i was using a scerry AP6 making bird disstress sounds about 45 min on the stand nothing so i decided to move,i took my face mask off and was taking my gun off the shooting sticks caught movement out of the corner of my eye and there was a cat standing there looking at me about 20 yards so i started very slowly moving gun into position and the cat takes off! so i got him in the scope about 50 yards touched the trigger on the .223 and rolled him (pure damn luck LOL) so he lays there for about 10 15 secounds and takes off again so i get on his blood trail and track him for about 200 yards shot him again at about 50 yards behing the shoulder!
  On the next stand we move about 1 1/2 out the mountain to another big flat gap.my hunting buddy Mike was calling ,he was blowing a sycco tweety we were sitting back to back and about 40 minutes in the stand Mike wispers here comes cat he let it get about 40 yards and it stopped BANG FLOPP!
MY Cat
img]

mikes cat
img]

me wit both the cats (MINES the biggest lol)

img]

Todd Rahm

Sneaky lil things arent they!!!!!! Congrats!!! :highclap:

vvarmitr

Two in one day! Wow! :biggrin:
Way to go guys!  :highclap:

weedwalker

2 bobcats on back to back stands!! That's AWESOME!!! Way to go!! :congrats: :congrats:

titansfan2104

Great job. I really want a cat!!!

coyote101

Way to go.  :yoyo: :yoyo: Congratulatins to both of you.  :congrats: :congrats:

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

KySongDog

Two bobcats back to back now that don't happen every day.  :nono:     Congrats to both of you!   :congrats:

deerdad

"This life's hard, man, but it's harder if you're stupid!"