• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

New to Site..

Started by JDP, January 18, 2012, 07:41:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JDP

Hey I'm new to site just wanted to say hello and I'm looking forward to learning from everyone and maybe helping others!
I'm from Ky, currently here at Ft Campbell. I work at the Outdoor Recreation office on Ft Campbell. I've been hunting
Coyotes for about a year now, and I love it! So far I've had some success hunting on post and in the Adams, TN area!

I am hoping to get to know ya'll and also find out more information about the upcoming LBL hunt! Any pointers on the hunt will
be much appreciated!

Thx,
JDP

slagmaker

Welcome to the site!!

Best pointer I can give you is you cant shoot them from the couch so get out there and start the learning process.

Second best pointer.... Read everything ya can and ask all the questions you have. Lots of good info here.
Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.

KySongDog

Quote from: JDP on January 18, 2012, 07:41:30 PM

I am hoping to get to know ya'll and also find out more information about the upcoming LBL hunt! Any pointers on the hunt will
be much appreciated!

Thx,
JDP

Welcome to the site.   Check out this part of the forum for info on LBL. 

http://forum.finsandfur.net/index.php?board=31.0

Hawks Feather

Glad to have you here and it sounds like you are well on your way. 

Jerry

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

weedwalker

Welcome to the site JDP. There's a few of us on here from Ky Hunting.

JDP

Here's one I took on post this past Saturday morning! It was the 2nd of 2 we called in. My buddy missed the other at 40 yrds.
We had decided after the miss to continue down the creek bottom and call about 200 yrds past the last set. It took about 4 mins for this male to come in.
I was amazed at how quickly he came in on a string! I had packed in both my 17 HMR and my Shotgun just in case we had them come in close and well I had a split second to decide! I choose rifle since it was already set in my shooting sticks ready to go! 24 steps, headshot 17 gr Hornady VMax out of my Savage, Foxpro adult cottontail distress!

JDP

Thanks everyone! I can't wait to put some faces to names at LBL!!

FinsnFur

Nnnnice!
He didnt like the taste of that 17 did he? I can tell by the look on his face in the bottom pic.  :alscalls:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

JDP

You are right! He didn't like it at all!!  :laf:

nastygunz

Welcome aboard and cool pix!

Frogman

Welcome to the forum, JDB!  Great buch of guys on here!!  Hope to meet you at LBL!

Jim
You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

JDP

Frogman, it's JDP but I answer to most anything! lol So far everyone has been great and I too can't wait wait to meet ya!

Frogman

OOPS??  Sorry about that JDP!

Jim
You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

Yote Buster

1 Shot, 1 Kill, it is what it is

vmaster59

Welcome to the site JDP.

Clint