• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

BIG MALE YOTE DOWN

Started by markTNhunter, January 20, 2012, 09:09:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

markTNhunter

Got off to a rough start this morning on my way to meet my hunting buddy Mike he calls and tells me he had a blowout on the trailor he hauls the ATV on so i had to go on down the road and help him out.Luckaly we have a buddy that owns a gas station-tire shop about 5 miles down the road and he got us took care of,so its 10:30 am when we get to our first stand.Were sitting on a hardwood ridge top overlooking an old grown up strip pit (had BOBCAT wrote allover it  :biggrin:)i play the woodpecker distress for 45 seconds or 1 min. somting like that stopped for about 5 min and then run it for about 1 min. again stopped.just a few seconds go by here comes a coyote slipping up the ridge he gets about 25 yards from me and theres some saplings between him and me but i know if he gets about 10 more yards he will be down wind  :doh2: and ill be taking a running shot so i get him in the crosshairs and i think i have a hole through the small trees so i touch off the trigger he humps up like hes been hit and trotts back off the ridge Mike says you hit him he left to slow.So i go to see if i could find blood and i glance down in the strip pit and see him pop out on the other side about 200 yards and stops broad side and looks back at me   :nofgr: bad mistake i get on him and send a hornady his way and knocked him off his feet!

This first picture on top of the ridge behind me is where i shot the last shot from dropped him where the pic is taken!

img]
img]

JDP

Nice!! Congrats and way to stick with it even though the morning had a rough start!!

JDP

titansfan2104

Good job mark, you knocking the fur down ain't ya!!!

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

WldWldWest

Good shootin! :bowingsmilie:

1st stand at 1030 am....There is hope for some of us that have a tough time getting outta bed :eyebrownod:
"Choot...Choot em Jacob!"

!

Yotehntr

:yoyo:  I like that ... I can wake up by 10!  :biggrin:   Congrat's on the coyote!  :yoyo:
Yotehntr calls... put something pretty on your lips :wink:

Frogman

Wow!  Nice one!  WTG!  Good shooting!

Jim
You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

weedwalker

Way to go on another coyote Mark!! :highclap: About the last 4 times I've been out, the coyotes came in to the call around 10 - 10:30.

deerdad

Congrats good story great shot!
"This life's hard, man, but it's harder if you're stupid!"

kyfuzzyface

That a big one, looks like he's been eaten well. Congrats
Fuzzy