• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Sunburn and Musky...

Started by Hidehunter, May 20, 2012, 02:29:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hidehunter

Got on the water for a while yesterday right after me and my buddy left home and both of us forgot our sun-block.  Things started off great we seen 5 before 11:00 and one of them was a mid to upper 40's brute.  She wasnt aggressive at all though but snuck in behind my Dirty glide just to give us a good boatside look.  I boated the 2nd fish we saw.  My buddy Statts pulled off an awesome net job.  The fish hit and only got the back hooks in her on one of my Dirty Twitches.  She was jumping 3 feet in the air and even though I had my 9 ft pole buried under the water I couldnt keep her down.  Long story short she was about 5 feet from the boat and decided to give us one last good jump.  She jumped another 3 ft easily and my twitch came flying back at us but Ol statts was waitin' with net in hand and actually caught her in it as she was falling back toward the water.  I'd never seen anything like it and wished I had it on video.  I told him he should get more credit for that fish than me lol.  We both caught it.  We ended up putting 2 in the boat yesterday.  a 31 1/2 & a 37.

Denver                                           

Todd Rahm

Nice!!!!!!!!!!!! :biggrin: I might ned one of those lures to push me over the 50" pike mark up here.  :congrats:

Hidehunter

I can hook ya up Todd but have got quite a few orders latly and am running about a week behind.
Denver                                           

markTNhunter

:yoyo: nice one Man I'd like to hook into to one of those babbies!

FinsnFur

She threw the hooks and your buddy netted her in mid air :holdon: :holdon:
Your right...THAT would been some awesome footage. :yoyo:

Very nice day on the water for both of ya's.
Man that water your on looks just like glass. It makes me wanna hit a wood pile with a hula popper :yoyo:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

HaMeR

HOLEE SMOKES!!!!!!!! What a fish & story!!  :yoyo: :yoyo:

Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

Hidehunter

Yeah that water was like glass...I caught this one just 30 minutes after the sun came up.
Denver                                           

Okanagan

Quote from: HaMeR on May 21, 2012, 06:49:58 AM
HOLEE SMOKES!!!!!!!! What a fish & story!!  :yoyo: :yoyo:

++1  !  Would love to have seen that!

Dave

Tell Statts nicely done.  The guys I fish with have trouble netting a whipped fish laying alongside the boat, let a lone one that's thrown the lure and is flying through the air!  And it always seems the bigger the fish, the worse the technique.