• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

CZ 527 .223 CARBINE

Started by nastygunz, September 20, 2012, 06:22:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CCP

Guess I am helping rape Nastygunz thread about his new CZ.   

Sky lining yourself in the sun on the way to stand is a big no no. Unless I am doing it to an area I aint hunting.Meaning I might walk out in the open sun on the way exposing myself to god and all his creatures in that area but not to the ones I am hunting in the other area.

I believe it was Gerry that showed you can hunt while wearing a big azz bunny suit as long as you set up properly.

If a new guy is studying up on coyote hunting 2 of the first things he reads or hears about setup is NOT to face the sun and too set in the shade. This makes shiny barrels a mute point on stand.

I will agree that setting in the sun and moving around with a shiny barrel on stand will hurt your success.

Few things I know for fact in life but one I do know as fact:

"We can make this thread 100 pages long going back and forth about shiny guns. In the end I will believe they do not hurt my chances at a coyote and you will still believe they do." There will be some on my side of the fence and some on your side of the fence but at the end of those 100 pages there will be no more productive info than there were on that first page and we both will look like old women bickering.
easterncoyotes.com

ccp@finsandfur.net

5 SHOTS

Does this mean that, those of us who are successful with shiny guns, are better hunters than those of you who have their guns all camoed up?

:laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2:    Sometimes I just kill me.    :laugh2: :laugh2:

BTW Nice shooter Nasty.
sometimes I wonder....is that getting closer..... then it hits me

I had a personal conflict the other day, now I'm not speaking to myself.... I'm getting lonesome

I met the girl of my dreams, I was the man of her dreams too.....she used the term "nightmares" though.

KySongDog

I have seen the light and have been converted.  I am going to spray half my gun with some Wally Mart silvery paint and camo the other half. 

Now I got all bases covered.   I needs all the help I can gets.   

possumal

Richard, I sure wasn't bickering, and didn't think you were.  Point is there is no advantage to having a shiny anything when hunting predators.  Gerry Blair was proving that the ability to sit still as a rock would allow you to get away with some mistakes.  He did that on a sounder of Javalina though, and that spiny little piggy can't even warm Wiley up when it comes to tricks of the trade and all else sneaky.   I may carry some thing to an extreme in my approach, including wishing I could wear contacts instead of glasses, which would allow me to not have my glasses pick up the chance to send a shiny signal to a customer.  Can't wear them though; tried them three or four times.  A face mask always ends up fogging up the glasses sometime, and that is to be avoided if you are like me.  You might say I am somewhat paranoid about how sneaky and smart old Wiley is, but an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure pertains here too.  You can't be too sneaky but you can sure mess up in the other direction.

If you have a beautiful, good shooting rifle or pistol that really floats your boat, by all means, enjoy looking at it in your mancave and when showing it off to friends and fellow gun enthusiasts, but either put a camo wrap on it when hunting predators or accept the fact that you are taking a chance that is unnecessary. I personall don't care if a feller wants to hunt with a mirror finished weapon, but I don't want him to screw up a stand with me along.  So far, I haven't had anybody buck that kind of thinking, and they are all real successful coyote hunters.  Some of them are downright good coyote hunters and have accomplished this in a relatively short period of time.

Here's shining at ya!   :biggrin:
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

Rich

Quote from: nastygunz on September 21, 2012, 11:27:47 AM
On the subject of camo guns...I own several and like em..but alot of game was taken and still is without camo guns...IMHO whilst it might get you busted...I do not think to many critters stop and say " damn a shiny gun barrel!"...in my case in NH/VT I almost always hunt in the woods and no sunshine is on me or my gun..however as for turkey hunting then I do like a camo gun cuz being birds they key in on color alot and my last 2 I have shot eyeball to eyeball with me  :yoyo:...Possumal I think you should have to hunt with a solid chrome gun with maybe some pimpin racin stripes to give them poor coyotes a chance sir !
--------------
Nice little rifle sir, CZ makes em good for sure. The 14" length of pull is my only complaint. 13&3/8" is what fits me. I have shortened some of my rifles and shotguns, but I really don't like to do that. As far as camo, don't worry about it. Sit in the shade while calling when you can, but I am one old man that don't use any camo on my rifles. My shotgun came from the factory with camo finish though.
Foxpro Field staff
--------------------------------------