• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Wild Game Innovations & Orange County Choppers

Started by FinsnFur, October 02, 2012, 06:52:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FinsnFur

If you havent seen this bike yet, you gotta check it out. It's definitely wayyyyyyyyy out there in it's own way, but it's still pretty dang cool.
They even put a horn on it like the old  General Lee (Dukes of Hazard) but they used the ...duh Flextone Echo Ecaller  it's Elk sounds. :eyebrownod:

This is a link to a video that talks about the unveiling and they show the bike. The bike is not currently shown anywhere else on the web because it gets unveiled this week.
You'll have to bear with some other things discussed in the video until they get to the bike, which is around the 1:27 mark.

http://bcove.me/rh7hydwy :yoyo:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Ladobe

Personal taste obviously varies.      :rolleye:

Take that gadawful rack off it, then it might pass (don't like camo either, on anything).    Reminds me of the Texas Caddies with steer horns wall to wall - guess you have to be a foreigner to like them.   :wink:

As one who rode bikes street and dirt for a heck of a lot of years, last thing I'd want is that rack if I had to lay her down or in an accident.    The Teutul's make bikes for show, some are very innovative and with a high cool factor, but also a lot of them not at all practicle to ride.    The competition between SR and JR tends to up the radical factor.     :argh:

Scooters are rides to me, not wall hangers, no matter how much they cost.    :readthis:

Most expensive firearm I ever owned was a full custom 1 of 32 Sako that was last appraised at somewhere between $10K-$15K.   It didn't hang on a wall even though a real looker, it was a shooter.   A damn good one too!
USN 1967-1971

Thou shalt keep thy religious beliefs to thyself please.  Meus

FinsnFur

No I wouldn't recommend taking this custom chopper on a weekend trip through the Rockies. But I still think it's cool in it's own way.
They make Tour Glides every day of the week for things like that. A custom chopper is ..well...exactly that...a custom chopper. :wink:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Ladobe

"A custom chopper is ..well...exactly that...a custom chopper."

But they still should be reasonably safe to ride and not just a wall hanger IMO.

Just rambling about old memories...
Back in the mid 60's to mid '70's I went to the Oakland Roadster Show most years (except when on a Vietnam vacation courtesy of Big Brother).   Some of the nicest, hottest and most radical 2, 3, and 4 wheel custom vehicles on earth together under one roof at the Oakland Coliseum (CA).   Last night of the show was always the most fun... the hoards of people lined up outside the main door leaving a very narrow path well out into the very large staging parking lot.    All the vehicles fired up at once, and in turn put the hammer down exiting the building, a requirement to be entered in the show (IOW they were not just for show, they also had to be drivable and safe to do so with).    The thunder was unbelievable, the fumes/nitro burned your nose/lungs, tire smoke burned your eyes, and most crowded so close it was amazing nobody every got killed when they passed within inches of lots of people going full bore.    Much dumber times.   Some of the Teutul's bikes fit that description too though, only an idiot would ride them IMO.   

The best of the best choppers at the show always belonged to the Hells Angels, they were amazing and most were their daily rides.   Some of those guys were amazing riders on them too, popping high speed wheelies, high speed brodies, jumping them over even cars no matter how far out they had been extended.    Never saw one crash or one get laid down.  But none of them had "bolt-ons" that made them dangerous to ride except maybe some oversized and radical sissy bars I'd hate to get tangled up with.   But it was the 60's and it was the San Francisco Bay area where pretty much anything goes in those days.

Too many years now to remember its name for sure (Triclops or something like that).  But the most radical bike of all was this trike extended so far it was like a 3 wheeled bus... even more radical because it was powered by an Allison aircraft engine.     From the door to the end of the parking lot it burned so much rubber it couldn't get going very fast.   Practical to drive, not hardly, but it was safe to do so.    Over the years there were others with radical big V-8 engines for power, also not practical, but at least if you had to lay them down you had a better chance of "climbing on top" of them without getting a leg pinned.

Also remember one year at the show when a fabulous Deuce Coupe punched it while still inside on the slick concrete floor, spun sideways into a huge concrete ceiling support post that destroyed it and nearly killed the owner.    They saved him, but an exceptional car was totalled.

USN 1967-1971

slagmaker

Those were the days. I miss the days when you had to drive/ride/pilot in what you were showing. tailor queens. should stay on the trailor
Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.

Todd Rahm

Quoteit was the San Francisco Bay area where pretty much anything goes in those days.

Still does doesnt it?  :innocentwhistle:

Agreed the rack is over board!

Ladobe

Quote from: Todd Rahm on October 04, 2012, 03:25:35 PM
Quoteit was the San Francisco Bay area where pretty much anything goes in those days.

Still does doesnt it?  :innocentwhistle:

Agreed the rack is over board!

Hey Todd.   Hope so, just one of the many things that has always made SF a one of a kind place.   Guess you either love it or hate it... me, I have always loved the area.   Won't ever live there again though... but often do think about moving back to Carmel even if it is still in the Republik.   Another special place to live to me.
USN 1967-1971