• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Blizzard heading my way

Started by Hidehunter, October 29, 2012, 11:23:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hidehunter

Well there is not a generator or loaf of bread to be found. They are saying we have the potential to get the worst blizzard ever. Hurricane sandy is coming up the coast and a cold front is coming down from Canada and when they collide its gona drop 24-40+ inches of snow with the worst of it being right where I live. High winds on top of that so looking for extreme power outages. Only a little powder on ground now but not suppose to hit untill this evening. Keepin my fingers crossed that it misses us. Dont wana have to deal with no heat and frozen water lines. Il bet the muskies are eating everything in front of them right now lol.

If you guys dont here from me for a while that means no power and cell towers down. Wish me luck.

Sent from my SCH-R930 using Tapatalk 2

Denver                                           

Hawks Feather

Stay safe and I hope you voted early for Romney.

Jerry

weedwalker

Good luck riding out the storm Denver. It has picked up speed in the last couple hours, so maybe it'll blow thru faster and not dump as much snow.

coyote101

NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

bigben

Yeah were getting hammered right now. 30-50mph sustained and 70mph gusts. We still got electric but its flickering. The eye of the storm will be passing over us in a few hours. Think of us and the area getting hit right now. Their saying that we have never had a storm like this before and power can be out for a week or more.
"If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not". Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.

weedwalker

Yeah, Ben, Dave, Denver, Huntncarve, all you guys up there stay safe.
You getting any snow Ben?

bigben

Were not high enough to get snow.
"If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not". Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.

riverboss

You guys be safe, We will be pulling for you to make a quick recovery if it hits as hard as they say it will. I hope they are wrong.

HuntnCarve

We're getting the driving rains and high wind right now...Supposed to intensify the next couple hours.  We obviously still have power, otherwise I would not be writing this.  Stay safe everyone!

P.S.
Had three bucks and a doe standing at Honey Hole II this morning.  Could have filled my tag from the bedroom window. LOL!  -Did not relish the idea of butchering in a hurricane.  :laf:

HuntnCarve
Dave

Hidehunter

Pouring the snow now.  We are only at about 4 inches now and the wind hasnt hit us yet thank God.  They are saying tonight and tomorrow will be the worst of it.  Ben and the rest of you guys stay safe.  i wish I had fattend up the wife a little more this summer incase snowmageddon hits and I get trapped and have to eat one of her legs or something.  She is just to skinny at this time lol.
Denver                                           

bigben

Got one oak down. Thank god it was the one i was worried about and it wasn't tall enough to do a lot of damage. Im at my parents now for the night. Theres still two big oaks behind the house but with the way the winds blowing they shouldn't hit. Its not supposed to get any worse so hopefully tommarow morning there won't be any more damage.

KySongDog

Stay safe guys. My son lives in NJ across the river from NYC. They are getting hammered right now.

FinsnFur

They are saying it's not going to get far enough West to hit us in Wisconsin. :shrug:
If you guys can do it safely, get us some pics.
Good luck and hang tight
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

bigben

Hidehunter

Just woke up to no power and guessing at about 14-16 inches of powder and its still pouring. Broke out my propane heaters so now im just praying my carbon monoxide alarms dont start goin off. Still got cell service as of now. Good luck everybody and stay safe.

Denver                                           

bigben

Just got up and took a walk around the property and no real damage to be seen. I noticed a good bit of the county south of us still has power so maybe ours wont be out long.

FinsnFur

The pics were seeing on the news of the Eastern states is incredible. Hunker down guys.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Hidehunter

We are over 3 feet now and it keeps pourin the snow. Still no power but have cell service. These pics were taken about 8 inches ago. Suppose to get a foot more before dark then slow down to where they will start measuring in inches.

Denver                                           

weedwalker

Dosen't look like there'll be much moving around in your area for a while. Good thing you got that deer to eat. Take care of yourself and family.

bigben