• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Blizzard heading my way

Started by Hidehunter, October 29, 2012, 11:23:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frogman

Hidehunter,

Wow, you guys got hamered.  We only got a smattering here in Parkersburg.  Hardly even stuck to the ground.

Jim
You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

FOsteology

Damn...

You guys stay dry and warm, and hope everyone is safe and sound.

riverboss

Man thats a bunch of snow! I hope you have a slow warm up or you will have alot more trouble. Hang in there and be safe.

FinsnFur

That baby snapped the power lines that were headed to Denver's house. :holdon:
Both those pics and the talk of power outage makes me very happy I finally have my woodstove installed.
Hang in there guys.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

bigben

Our power is on right now. They have us spliced into the grid. Pretty much every big tree on the north face of the hill we live on is damaged. We were lucky. Nothing major damaged. But the wind was worse then any other time i ever have seen it and i have lived on this hill my whole life. Were heading north for the weekend to go camping/hunting with some friends for the weekend. I hope everyone else that got hit hard by this bad storm will come out of it with little damage.
"If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not". Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.

Hidehunter

Well the foodland grocery store and the usave gas station roof collapsed that are just a couple miles from my house. Still pouring the snow and im getting a little concerned. Have no idea how much snow we got now...A BUNCH.  You guys say a little prayer for me tonight.

Sent from my SCH-R930 using Tapatalk 2

Denver                                           

coyote101

NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

Hawks Feather

I am very glad to be where I am on this one.  Light sleet/snow this morning and it has all melted off.

Jerry

iahntr

That's alottta snow there! 
You guys all stay safe and take care.
Scott

slagmaker

Will say a prayer for all those affected by the storm
Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.

Dave

Checking in. Hope you r ok Hide. We lost power and have no idea when we will get it back. Around here it's all wind damage. Trees r hanging on elec lines all over w a lot of roads still closed. I'd say this area dodged a bullet, though, as I was expecting way more rain and a full flooded basement. Heavy thunderstorms r worse than what Sandy laid down.  Gotta go fill the generator before turning in. I'll say a prayer for you guys in west Virginia and the people just east of here along the jersey coast.

Hidehunter

Wifes little car in driveway...

Denver                                           

Carolina Coyote

WoW Denver, Sure hope you guys are OK, not seeing a whole lot on the news about WV but probably because they can't get in there, We will be praying for you and your family. CC

Hidehunter

We are doin ok. Me and the wife shoveled our roof off over the larger rooms that didnt have as much support. We are around 4 ft now im guessing. When i step in yard its up to my waist and Im 6'4" and thats not counting whats packed under my feet cause im not tpuching the ground. I liked snow until this..

Denver                                           

Frogman

Wow!!  You guys got slammed!

Jim
You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

Hidehunter

Quote from: Frogman on October 31, 2012, 04:58:32 PM
Wow!!  You guys got slammed!

Jim

The joys of living in the mountain region

Denver                                           

FinsnFur

Mercy! How close the Eastern border are you Denver?
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Hidehunter

Im in allegheny mtns in central WV. Im a good ways from the ocean. Sandy sucked down a major coldfront from canada and this is what we got. Sandy had winds reaching out over 300 miles. Thank god we didnt get the hi winds they said we might. Snowing again outside as we speak.

Denver                                           

Carolina Coyote

Denver, Its hard to imagine that much snow at one time, got to be devastating , sure hope you guys have what you need to stay safe. cc

Hidehunter

Well they said it was gonna taper down and yezterday at dark it acted like it was gona melt some but got up this morning to it pouring snow again. I gotta dig my way outta here and go on a propane hunt for heat this afternoon. I have enough stocked up until sometime tomorrow morning but dont wana wait till the nitty gritty.

Denver