• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

iPhone new bag of tricks.

Started by Todd Rahm, October 31, 2012, 02:43:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Todd Rahm

Just thought I would show a few of the Nerdy things I added to the iPhone to protect the call collection (not really).  :innocentwhistle:

First up added some exterior camera to the house, 11 to be exact and ones a pan tilt zoom. They are hooked into a 1 terabyte DVR that is also backed up on line. The coolest feature is I can check it all on my phone to include controlling the PTZ.

These are all night pics. All but the PTZ have about a 120 feet of IR capabilities.

The second thing I did today, was put in a Nest second generation thermostat. It can be scheduled or it will keep track of your patterns and adjust itself. It can tell when your not home by sensing movement and will shut down to a preset number, and when it senses ya walk in the house it will adjust up to where its supposed to be. The great kicker with it besides saving energy and money, it can all be ran from my phone.  :biggrin:

HaMeR

Purdy neat stuff you got there Todd!!

Why ya got skis on your motorcycle tho??  :alscalls: :alscalls:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

FinsnFur

Thats a pretty cool lil set up :eyebrow:
You'll have to post the pics of the bears walking through your yard. And hopefully you never see any perpetrators out there snooping around. 
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

CCP

That is very cool!!!!!

I looked at some of the thermostats using wifi and an app for the house at our local plumbing heating a few weeks back. Think it would save on my bill having the ability to turn up the heat from 60 to 70 before arriving home.

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk 2

easterncoyotes.com

ccp@finsandfur.net

KySongDog

That is pretty cool.   Are those cameras wired or wireless?   

Todd Rahm

The cameras are wired (the hardest part of installing was fishing wires through the walls), but I can add wireless units and plan to add two. I can also install four micro phones if I like. The system can be sent up to send alerts to your phone if they pick up movement. Probably only a good idea for indoor caneras?

Jim, we'll probably see more moose and neighborhood cats then anything.  :wink:

Gamer, that's the only way we can get those motor cycles around up here!  :innocentwhistle:

Thermostat took maybe 15 minutes to install and another 10 to hook it up to wifi and program it for a week.

Todd Rahm

Man I typed that last post on my phone and it looks like the auto spell correct did me in  :doh2:

HaMeR

:laf: :laf:

Yeah the auto spell on Diane's phone sends me some really wierd texts too. I just send back the faithful old "WTH you talkin bout woman!!!!!"    :alscalls: :alscalls:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

Todd Rahm

Yeah, I was st work one night, and sent the wife a text. My wife was busy but my daughter text me " mom can't talk right now she's cocking"  :holdon: :alscalls:

iahntr

Pretty dang cool set up ya got there !
So does that have like a monthly fee to it then too ?
Scott

Todd Rahm

No fees with either Scott. The only thing you need to watch for on the cameras is data usage limits. I just check the video when I need it or it alerts me.

I used my phone today to set the thermostat to away mode, which sets the house temp at 60. About 15 minutes before I got home I turned off the away mode and the temp went back up to 68.

The only flaw with both is if the power goes put, then you can't access them. I'll get a battery back for the camera though, so they'll continue to record to the dvr when the powers out.

Hawks Feather

Todd,

Can you forward all the needed information to Jim.  I heard he is interested in getting this installed so that he can run his wood burner a little more efficiently.

Jerry

Lonehowl

You nerd!!
Man thats pretty sweet,
Mark

iahntr

Well that's pretty slick.
My buddy got a new system at his business too. I was laughin
the other day, I think we ran to Omaha or somethin, and his boys
were in the back seat on there phones goin, "oh look, moms sittin
there readin a magazine." " well text her and tell her to get busy"  :laf:
ya can't get away with anything anymore.  :nono: