• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Headed East

Started by nor-cal yote, November 04, 2012, 01:47:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nor-cal yote

Just got ordered up to fly back east to help out with "Sandy". Got the call at 2pm left hunting camp and headed to my folks place in Helena, dropped off my hunting gear then headed to West Yellowstone. Got chainsaws ready and all my gear, now headed to Bozeman sleep in my truck until 6am, drive to Missoula and fly to Pa. I don't know from there.
never yell whoa in a horse race

Todd Rahm

KySongDog

Take care and thank you for the good help.   

HaMeR

Be Careful Chris!!  Maybe you'll get to meet some of the upstanding FnF citizenry from Pennsylvania!!  :biggrin: :biggrin:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

iahntr

Scott

Hidehunter

If ya end up sliding down here in WV let me know...Have a safe trip!
Denver                                           

FinsnFur

Didnt get much of a break did ya?
I sure envy your loyalty and enthusiasm as I'm sure it's appreciated by more then you know. :wink:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

coyote101

Be careful out there. Thanks for what you do.  :bowingsmilie:

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

nor-cal yote

On the road to Missoula to get on the government airplane, was told to bring warm cloths, but not to go over 65lbs counting gear, well my gear weigh 37lbs without my clothes. I guess we'll see when we get there. I will post more once we land.

Dave

I'm thinking you're headed east of here as we aren't near as bad as the coast.  I'm PM-ing you anyway.
There are still people around here w/o power, but I'd say everything in the Philly and surrounding suburbs is almost back to normal. 

Hawks Feather

That is going to be a change from fighting forest fires to whatever they have you working on.  Unless you are being called in to extinguish the burning gas lines.  Stay safe and try to enjoy the east - even though you will not be seeing it at a very good time.

Jerry

nor-cal yote

Just landed in Harrisburg Pa, haven't got off the plane yet,

FinsnFur

Take a quick nap, Chris :eyebrow:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

nor-cal yote

Typical government, buses were susposed to be here, no buses no hotels. 5 twenty person crews standing on the tarmac waiting to unload the gear our selves, gotta love it.

Dave

Wow that sucks.
Let me know if you're in the Philly area and how busy you are.  Harrisburg is about 2 hrs west of here. 

nor-cal yote

Well we are staging in Pa, they are trying to find a place for us. If we had vehicles I know we could find our own work.I don't like waiting around when there is work to be done, we have 20 guys 10 chainswas enough MRE's and water for five days and sleeping bags, put us to work.

HuntnCarve

Chris,

Just saw this.
I'm an hour to the East of the Harrisburg International Airport.  Shoot me an email if you need a place to stay?  We have 2 bedrooms, and a sleeper sofa down stairs, if you and a few of your buddies need a place? 

HuntnCarve
Dave

nor-cal yote

They gave us four mini vans and a uhaul we are headed to fort dix, any of you guys know anything about fort dix.

coyote101

Quote from: nor-cal yote on November 05, 2012, 01:56:04 PM
.... any of you guys know anything about fort dix.

I know that in 1975 it was sandy and it sucked. But I was there for basic training, almost anywhere would have sucked.  :rolleye: Stay safe.

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

nor-cal yote

Thanks for the offer huntncarve but we are finally moving, the big hold up was our resource order did not have rental cars needed printed on it, so we had to wait for approval from washington....the red tape keeps us from doing our job sometimes.