• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

DSC Convention

Started by FOsteology, January 03, 2013, 11:07:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FOsteology

Daughter and I are heading out the door for the annual Dallas Safari Club Convention.

Convention is to be the biggest yet. Lots of new gear and equipment to be displayed. I know Zeiss has come out with a new line of rifle scopes. I'll be sure to lay my mitts on them and take a peek.

Pictures to follow upon return, but I'll give a brief update during the Convention as I'll take my iPad.

coyote101

Hope you have a great time FOs.

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

Hawks Feather

Enjoy your time there and be sure to tell each and every vendor that you have friends who would be more than willing to try out their new products.    :biggrin:   And their reply will be, "Your friends and the friends of everyone else in here."

Jerry

riverboss

Sounds like a good time! Let us know how it goes and if you hear anything about whats going on in the gun ban world.

FinsnFur

:confused: Did Fos get thrown in jail?
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

FOsteology

Nah. I'm back as of yesterday evening.

Didn't bother with pictures as it was a bit disappointing from my perspective. I was hoping to visit with several different Taxidermists that specialize in mounting African game (lions specifically), but unfortunately several chose not to attend the DSC as they'll be in Reno next month for the SCI Convention.

There were several Taxidermist with displays..... but nowhere near the level and assortment as I viewed at SCI last year.

Attendance seemed down until Saturday.

Too many high fence operations on display and in attendance. The BIG three optics manufacturers had small displays.

DSC has indeed grown by leaps and bounds, but it's obvious they're still no competition for SCI.

FinsnFur

Well that sucks. Sounds like a warranted trip to Nevada :eyebrow:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

FOsteology

Not this year. I'll go when they have the Convention in Las Vegas (next year). Easier to justify (as the wife will go) and more to see and do aside from the Convention.  :biggrin: