Author Topic: Question about some small Rifle primers  (Read 1309 times)

Offline Hidehunter

• FnF Life Member
  • So hows that HOPE and CHANGE working out for you?
Question about some small Rifle primers
« on: January 03, 2013, 04:17:38 PM »
Well i loaded up a 150 rds of 9mm and used small rifle bench primers. I know you can use small rifle primers and my Ruger RS 9 shoots them great. All i had was the bench primers and never really thought about havin any problems. Well i was getting 3 out of 5 missfires. Have any of you tried bench primers or do I have a bad batch of primers? Ive had them for a couple years but just havent used any of them. Guess Im gonna go start pulling bullets  :sad2:
Denver                                           

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline riverboss

• FnF Life Member
Re: Question about some small Rifle primers
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2013, 05:13:48 PM »
Im no expert but it sounds like youve got some bad primers, If regular small rifle will work they should be fine to use.

Offline CCP

• Global Moderator
  • FinsandFur member
    • easterncoyotes.com
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2013, 05:31:09 PM »
  Rifle BR primers are thicker and may be  your problem in the pistol. I have shot BR rifle primers in revolvers with no problems but had trouble with them in a P08 I had and haven't tried them in any auto loader again. It was only like 2 out of 50 that didn't go bang but that was enough for me.

I use small magnum pistol primers in my AR and have been told I could have a possible slam fire because of the thinner cup but no issues so far.

« Last Edit: January 03, 2013, 05:55:53 PM by CCP »
easterncoyotes.com

ccp@finsandfur.net

Offline Hidehunter

• FnF Life Member
  • So hows that HOPE and CHANGE working out for you?
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2013, 05:53:43 PM »
  Rifle BR primers are thicker

I believe thats my problem right there
Denver                                           

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

FinsandFur.net Forums

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2013, 05:53:43 PM »
DISCLAIMER

Users assume all risk, responsibility and liability whatsoever for any and all injuries (including death), losses or damages to persons or property (including consequential damages), arising from the use of any data, whether or not occasioned by publisher's negligence or based on strict liability or principles of indemnity or contribution. Finsandfur.net, (including any subsidiaries, owner(s) and staff) neither assumes nor authorizes any person to assume for it/them any liability in connection with the use of any data.

When done properly, reloading your own ammo can be an enjoyable experience. Please be careful out there.