• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

New Toy

Started by JohnP, April 08, 2013, 12:04:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnP

Just picked it up a couple of months ago, 25.06AI.  Not been to the range with it yet, maybe next week. 

When they come for mine they better bring theirs

coyote101

It sure is a pretty thing Mr. JohnP.

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

HuntnCarve

Sweet!  I imagine you will be fire forming your own cases out of .25-06's? Heck, you could even use necked down .30-06's.  Pretty versatile.  That sure will be a flat shooter.  Congrats!

HuntnCarve
Dave

Hawks Feather

John,

Looks like it has a really nice piece of wood for the stock.  The 25/06 is a round that I have never fired, but have heard that they can be very accurate.  Also heard that if you crank up the powder you can have a smoothbore pretty quick.   :iroll:  Since I have never had one and probably never will, I will just have to wait for your reports on how it does for you.

Jerry

FinsnFur

I like it! What kind of wood is that stock made of? That is sweet. Maybe one of the call makers know.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Hawks Feather

Without seeing it up close, I would guess stained curly maple.  But I could be wrong.  I often am.

Jerry

JohnP

Not counting the AI I have have three other 25-06's.  Ruger #1, Remington 700 SPS and a Remington Sendero which is going to be my target rifle, steel out to 500 yards.  The SPS is my deer rifle and the Ruger is going to be for elk.  They all shoot 1" at 100 yards, except the Sendero which shoot, .25 at 100.  Never had a problem on barrel life, but I don't load hot either.
When they come for mine they better bring theirs