• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Five killed in Border Patrol chase east of Tucson

Started by JohnP, April 21, 2013, 11:42:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnP

Five people were killed Saturday night when an SUV being pursued by U.S. Border Patrol agents crashed east of Tucson, officials said.

The rollover wreck happened around 11 p.m. on Interstate 10 and Arizona 83, the Department of Public Safety said.

The vehicle had 20 people on board and was being pursued by the Border Patrol, said Chief Willie Treatch, of Rural/Metro Fire Department. DPS officials also characterized it as a pursuit.

Five people were declared dead at the scene and 15 were taken to Tucson hospitals with minor to serious injuries, DPS said. The deceased included one man from Mexico and four men from Guatemala, said Oscar de la Torre, the Mexican consul in Douglas.

“We are working with the Mexican consulate in Tucson and U.S. authorities to learn more about the incident,” he said.

Officials from the Border Patrol did not respond to queries.
When they come for mine they better bring theirs

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Hawks Feather

I think something needs to be done about these unsafe vehicles.  They need to start making them with more seat belts so things like this don't happen.  They were just lucky that the border patrol was there to help pull some of them out or they may have all died. 

Jerry

O.K. So the above was a tongue in cheek reply.  It is too bad that there was loss of life, but possibly if they had tried to enter the U.S. legally they would still be alive.

KySongDog

I wouldn't be surprised if the Obama administration filed charges against the Border Patrol agents for chasing and endangering the lives of future democrat voters. 

JohnP

The sorry part about this is that it happens on a regular basis.  I'll bet even money that it is never reported anyplace outside of Arizona.  If the rest of the country knew what was going on this new "comprehensive" immigration bill would never see the light of day. 
When they come for mine they better bring theirs