• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Only catching one or two a day......

Started by coyote101, July 24, 2013, 08:40:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FinsnFur

Got some things going on up here that have really limited my water time, but I have heard some stories from those that use the hollow frogs. I have a couple but dont do as good with them as I do a Senko or skirted spinner.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

coyote101

We had another pretty slow morning on Tuesday. My wife, who usually out fishes me, went almost two hours without landing a single fish. Then WHAM, fish on. It was another epic battle on her little ultra light rig and "Never fail" lure.

Six pounds, three ounces on my un-certified, un-calibrated, not-for-trade, Rapala digital scale.

I can't believe the fish didn't make it into the weeds or drag the lightweight line under the boat and break it. Luckily it didn't and we managed to get it into the net. Her biggest fish to date. After the cat she caught two bluegill, a largemouth and a white bass, all on one of those little 1 1/2 inch lures.

Pat

NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

HaMeR

I bet that was a LOT of fun Pat!! Those ultra light outfits are my favorites. On the few times I do fish I rarely ever use the regular size outfits. Congratulations on a dandy catch!!  :highclap: :highclap:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

FinsnFur

Quote from: coyote101 on August 15, 2013, 04:31:47 PM
Six pounds, three ounces on my un-certified, un-calibrated, not-for-trade, Rapala digital scale.

Nice fish for an ultra light for sure. Too bad it wasnt weighed on a certified scale though ey? :laf:

I loved the "never fail"  :eyebrow:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Okanagan

Quote from: FinsnFur on August 16, 2013, 05:42:47 AM
Quote from: coyote101 on August 15, 2013, 04:31:47 PM

Nice fish for an ultra light for sure. Too bad it wasnt weighed on a certified scale though ey? :laf:

I loved the "never fail"  :eyebrow:

!!  :alscalls:  Great post and dandy fish.  You are a fortunate man to have a wife who fishes and canoes with you!

KySongDog

That looks like good eatin' to me, Pat.   :yoyo:

And, I, <cough> <ahem>, am still lookin' for those gps coordinates.   :innocentwhistle:    :laf:

JohnP

Only catching one or two a day is a heck of a lot better than what I do out here in the desert. 
When they come for mine they better bring theirs