• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

What I have been doing

Started by Hawks Feather, August 15, 2013, 09:12:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawks Feather

Thought I would share a sample.  I have really been enjoying photography and since it is time for DHS athletes to return to action I thought it might be a good time for them to ‘get their game face’ ready.  I selected one senior to represent their sport and they are ready to go.  The background is an HDR rendition of seven images.  One normal exposure and then + and â€" one two and three exposures.  The shot goes best right before a storm so that you can get some good looking clouds in the sky.  By the time you are finished with the processing you can have up to an hour in the background.  Then you capture the athlete, process that image for another hour to two, and you are ready to go.  I am still missing a couple of the athletes, but several more are here:  http://www.jerrylatta.biz/Other-3/DHS-Senior-Game-Faces/31179647_DBjKWj#!i=2697900090&k=f9PcC64

Jerry

coyote101

Very cool Jerry.  :yoyo: I'll bet the kids like those shots.  :biggrin:

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

HaMeR

+1 ^^^^!!    Yeah however you do those I sure can't comprehend. Well that & how those kids can stand still for an hour at a time!!  :laf: :laf:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

FinsnFur

yeah, standing there for an hour would suck :laf: It's amazing hoe emphasized the person is. Nice stuff Jerry
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

shaddragger

:congrats: WOW!! That is really cool!
Take your kids hunting and you won't have to hunt your kids!
Allen

MI VHNTR

The Second Amendment isn't about Hunting.
It's about Freedom.

Let's Go Brandon.  FJB

Hawks Feather

Thanks for the compliments.  It has been fun.

Jerry

Dave

They really do look great.   I'm sure everyone wants to have one done - hope it's a small school for your sake! 

Hawks Feather

Quote from: Dave on August 17, 2013, 05:51:33 AM
I'm sure everyone wants to have one done - hope it's a small school for your sake!

Defiance is a relatively small town of about 18,000.  But I don't plan to do more than two athletes per sport.  My plan is to keep it special for the kids that are selected.  I am retired principal and photography is an enjoyable hobby.  I just do it to make myself happy and hopefully the parents since I don't charge for any of my student work.  I have always felt that the student athletes are giving of their time for practice and games and it would not be right for me to make a buck from their work.  Now when they make it to the professional level . . . . .

Jerry

nailbender

Pretty cool thing you're doing there Jerry. :congrats:

JohnP

Great photos, and thank you for taking an interest in the young people of your community.  More people need to get involved in today's youth.
When they come for mine they better bring theirs

shaddragger

When you say HDR, you mean High Dynamic Range, correct?
Take your kids hunting and you won't have to hunt your kids!
Allen

Hawks Feather

Quote from: shaddragger on August 17, 2013, 07:05:05 PM
When you say HDR, you mean High Dynamic Range, correct?

You are correct.

Jerry