• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Lightning.

Started by nor-cal yote, September 03, 2013, 11:05:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nor-cal yote

Here is what happens when lightning strikes a tree.
Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

never yell whoa in a horse race

nor-cal yote

The piece that landed on the ground started an 3 acre fire. We got hand line and dozer line around it pretty quick. Had another one start at the same time its 130 acres and growing. This is the piece its about 8ft long and 4 inches thick.
Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Hawks Feather

Sure would be nice if fires like those didn't happen.  We are just lucky that people like you are willing to fight them.     :congrats:

Jerry

nor-cal yote

Jerry, it is the greatest job I could ever hope for. I get paid to hike the forest all across the USA. I get to camp in places most people only see on postcards. It does get pretty exciting every now and then. But if you keep a cool head you can work it out most of the time.I will have to have knee surgery this winter, my acl and miniskous are pretty much gone in the right one. Doctor says its bone on bone, but I can hold out until the winter. I don't like doctors but I found a good one finally.

FinsnFur

Its crazy how one little strike like that can wipe out thousands of acres including it's wildlife.  But yeah they are like hundreds of lightning rods reaching towards the sky at any given time.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com