• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Look what I found at a yard sale

Started by coyote101, September 23, 2013, 07:30:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coyote101

A 10 X 12 X 4 1/2 wall tent.

Made by the Davis Tent and Awning Company of Colorado.

It's old and covered with patches, but still should have some life in it.

The guy that had it moved from Idaho and didn't need it any more. 

I didn't need it either, but I've always wanted one and the price was right.

It included a wood burning tent stove by the Cylinder Stove Company.

I put a lantern in it just because they look cool at night. 

You can really see the patches when the light is inside.

I got it a couple of months ago, but didn't set it up until yesterday. I'm waiting for the weather to get cold so I can try it out, stove and all. If I like it I may use it at LBL next year just for grins.

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

slagmaker

Cool find.

Would love an old wall tent of that size

Hope you get many years of use
Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.

nailbender

Might have make the LBL once just to talk you out of it! Nice score!

Hawks Feather

That looks really neat - patches and all. 

Jerry

Dave

That's a sweet looking looking set up.  No mold or splotchy blackened marks from storage, either!

possumal

Looks like a great find to me.  The patches give it character. 
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

FinsnFur

Sweeeeeeeeet!  It looks likes its perfect size! :congrats:
Whats that little piece of material around the stove pipe made of that keeps it from torching the place? I've always wondered that.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

coyote101

Quote from: FinsnFur on September 23, 2013, 09:06:18 PM
Whats that little piece of material around the stove pipe made of that keeps it from torching the place? I've always wondered that.

The stove jack. It looks a lot like asbestos, but I think it's silicone covered fiberglass.

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

nor-cal yote

I spend all of hunting season in a wall tent. We built bunk beds out of 2x4s. We use my wall tent the first 2 weeks then we have a larger one for the rest of the season. It is a military tent that is in sections and we can add more sections as more people show up. When elk season is over, I spend a few weeks trapping in my tent. I would honestly prefer a wall tent to a house... but that's just me. During fire season I sleep on the ground no tent.
never yell whoa in a horse race

Okanagan

Great find!

The most comfortable camping I've ever done was in a canvas wall tent with a stove.  Wonderful on cold nights and frosty mornings.

JohnP

When they come for mine they better bring theirs

KySongDog

Looks pretty roomy in there.  I like a tent where you can stand up to put your pants on.   :laf:   

Are you going to put down a tarp for a floor?

Coulter

That's a heck of a find Pat...that's the same one I have (Davis Tent Co.) only mine is 12 x 14 if I remember correctly. So are you coming up to the ADK in November? Heck, you can bring your own home and everything!

Steve

coyote101

Quote from: Coulter on September 25, 2013, 08:59:20 AM
That's a heck of a find Pat...that's the same one I have (Davis Tent Co.) only mine is 12 x 14 if I remember correctly. So are you coming up to the ADK in November? Heck, you can bring your own home and everything!

Steve

I really appreciate the offer and would love to come Steve, but it doesn't look like the timing will work this year.  :pout:

Pat
NRA Life Member