• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Lone Survivor movie

Started by Frogman, January 16, 2014, 04:56:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frogman

I saw "Lone Survivor" this afternoon.  It followed the book perfectly as far as I could remember, since it's been a couple of years since I read the book.  Personally I liked " . . . Private Ryan" better, but this is a very good movie.  It's just amazing how tough these guys were and how much punishment their bodies could take and they continued fighting.  Heroes all!!  The movie moves very quickly once the shooting starts and I found the muscles in my shoulders knotted up with stress and tension by the time it was over.  Movie is very graphic.  Almost too much so.  I know it was trying to be realistic to accurately portray what these guys went through, I'm just not sure I need that much realism??  Of course our men and women in uniform sometimes must endure the real thing so maybe I shouldn't be so squeamish.  It sure brings home to us the sacrifices many in the armed forces make to insure our freedom and safety here at home.  I just couldn't believe that with all our technology we still have trouble communicating in the field??? I give this movie 4 stars out of 5.  Go see it if you get the chance!

Jim
You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

FinsnFur

I've been kinda watching ads and previews, contemplating. Thanks for the review.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

possumal

Yeah, Froggie, thanks for the review.  We plan on going to see that one soon.
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

kyfuzzyface

Went with my son Monday evening, Really enjoyed it. I could watch it again !!
Altho my favorite is still " Shooter"
Fuzzy

Frogman

You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

Carolina Coyote

For sure I want to go see this one, from the previews it looks interesting. cc

FOsteology

Went and watched it last night. I wont spoil it for those that haven't seen it yet. Lets just say, it was worth my $7.50.