• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Turkey pics

Started by gravesco hunter, April 07, 2014, 06:16:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gravesco hunter

congrats on a nice bird shaddragger,it is 34 here this morning and it is supposed to be 26 in the morning,i actually have sweet corn and potatoes showing,probably not going to look too good in the morning

coyote101

Congratulations shaddragger.  :highclap: I really like the photo on the old equipment.  :yoyo:

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

coyote101

Spent about an hour and a half this morning trying to get this guy to come in. Curiosity eventually got the best of him and he came just a little too close for his own good.  :eyebrow:

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

gravesco hunter

another nice bird,congrats coyote 101

possumal

Nice turkeys guys.  Hope the rest of you have good luck.  As for dentures and diaphragms. changing dentures can really affect you.  The diaphragm has to fit right or you'll have trouble.  I can use them o.k. but not as good as I did with my other dentures.
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

FinsnFur

Nice one Pat. Whens supper? :eyebrow:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

HaMeR

Way to go Pat!! Nice bird!!   :yoyo: :yoyo:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

Okanagan

Quote from: HaMeR on April 16, 2014, 05:17:58 AM
Way to go Pat!! Nice bird!!   :yoyo: :yoyo:

Yes, and great photo also.   :highclap:  I've never hunted turkeys and am a little envious.

Hawks Feather

Nice looking birds.

Jerry

Dave

Congrats Pat.  Knew it was only a matter of time.
Nice pic, too.  Can't believe how green and tall that field is behind you.   

coyote101

Quote from: Dave on April 16, 2014, 10:04:17 AM
Can't believe how green and tall that field is behind you.

I think that wheat is growing an inch or better a day. In another week it will likely be hard to see a turkey in it.  :pout: The year before last we had a much milder winter and by this time the wheat was up to my hips. That was not a good spring turkey season.  :sad:

Pat
NRA Life Member

gravesco hunter

i hate hunting turkeys around wheat after it gets about knee high it is really easy to get busted,had an old tom with 9 hens at 15 yds this morning but only had one little hole to shoot the tom through so he gets a pass today.

KySongDog

Nice bird, Pat!    :congrats:   

I never heard a peep this morning.  It was 31 degrees when I left the truck.  Might be a little too cold??   :shrug:

I'll go again tomorrow............

KySongDog

Quote from: Okanagan on April 16, 2014, 07:51:56 AM
I've never hunted turkeys and am a little envious.

If you can plan a trip to Kentucky during spring season I'm sure we can get you infected with that turkey hunting disease! 

Okanagan

Semp, that's a generous offer I'd love to take you up on.  It's not likely but we never know for sure.  Flew to Lexington a couple of times 6 or 8 years ago but no plans for that in the forseeable future. 

Good luck in this season!

riverboss

I killed this bird today. 20 lbs 8 in beard 1 in spurs. This was my second hunt of the year i got out yesterday for a little while and shot a small coyote. I went to retrive him and ran into another hunter that had just gottin permission to hunt there and tried to run me off, so i left and went to tell the neighbor what he had said. Needless to say he no longer has permission to hunt there and i didnt get any pics of the coyote.

Sent from my SCH-S738C using Tapatalk

gravesco hunter

nice bird,congrats,some of these guys forget they are just guest

coyote101

Way to go riverboss! Congratulations  :congrats:

Pat
NRA Life Member

riverboss

Ya i shot it on my property and it ran on theirs he tried to say i didnt have permission to be on mine. Some people are just stupid. I setup next to a very thick cedar jungle today and coyotes have a denn in it. I could here the pups making a racket 2 times before i shot my turkey and after the shot i had 2 coyotes about 300 yrds away head toward the denn site wide open .

Sent from my SCH-S738C using Tapatalk

gravesco hunter

i finished with my second bird fri at 1130 but have not got around to posting pics yet,i ran a guy off a farm thurs but he sure was polite.