• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Kentucky Turkey Hunter Killed

Started by KySongDog, April 17, 2014, 05:56:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KySongDog

This young man, Brian Griffin, was a member of the KY hunting site and was killed this morning by a coward who ran away.  Fish and Wildlife and the State Police are investigating.  Very sad news.   :sad:

Kentucky Hunter Killed

CLAY COUNTY, Ky. (WKYT) - A hunter is dead after he and another man were shot while turkey hunting in Clay County this morning.

Officials with Kentucky State Police confirm to WKYT that 28-year-old Brian Griffin died from his injuries. Griffin and the other injured hunter were airlifted from the scene.

The shooting happened in a rural area between Manchester and Fogertown in rural Clay County.

The two men were hunting with another man when they were shot by an unknown person, according to Clay County Sheriff Kevin Johnson.

The third man in that group called for help, Johnson said.

Kentucky State Police and Kentucky Fish and Wildlife officials continue to investigate in the woods where the accident happened.

slagmaker

I hate this kind of news. More feed for the anti-____'s.

and to the coward that wouldn't stand up for his action. I hope you cant sleep at night ever again.

My thoughts and prayers go to the victims of this senseless tragedy
Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.

gravesco hunter

sad and there is no excuse for it.i had a guy shoot the tree i was sitting against,luckily i was not hit because he also ran

nastygunz

I stopped using Jake and Tom decoys after several close calls, now if I use a decoy I always use hen decoys.

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

weedwalker

Brian was a friend of mine. I was teaching him how to hunt coyotes this past winter. He was a great young man with a beautiful wife and two young daughters, 4 years old and 2 months old. He was shot just up the road from my house. He's had lots of problems with trespassers latley and he was shot by one today. His younger friend Jason was also shot in the eye and not doing well.

JohnP

Ed sorry to hear about your friend, my thoughts and prayers will be with them.
When they come for mine they better bring theirs

coyote101

NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

Carolina Coyote

Bad Bad Bad Really sorry to hear this  :rolleye:, just makes no sense at all. God bless his family.

HuntnCarve

A terrible tragedy for sure.  Our thoughts and prayers go out to your friends family Ed.  And to the fellow that was seriously injured. 

Dave

riverboss

A real sad story for sure! Sorry for your loss Ed from what ive read he sounds like he was a really good guy. Prayers for his loved ones.

Sent from my SCH-S738C using Tapatalk

Dave

Sorry to read all this and really feel sad for Brian's family.  I'll certainly keep them in my prayers, Ed. 

possumal

Truly terrible.  I remember Big Ed talking about these fellows, and how much he liked them.  Prayers on their way for all concerned.
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

HaMeR

Our thoughts & prayers go out to both of their Families & to you as well Ed.  :sad:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

Hawks Feather

Tragedies like this are always hard, but even more so when you know the person and family that it has happened to.  My prayers to all.

Jerry