• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Snapper

Started by riverboss, June 15, 2014, 08:11:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

riverboss

I caught this big old snapper in my pond tonight  hes been eating good! But now i will.

Sent from my SCH-S738C using Tapatalk

Todd Rahm

Ah man, I miss turtle!!!!

FinsnFur

What a beast! I'm guessing about 2 foot long on the shell?
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Hawks Feather

Around here some put them in a drum of clean water for a couple of days before they serve them up and others don't.  What is your preference?

Jerry

riverboss

Quote from: Hawks Feather on June 15, 2014, 11:02:05 PM
Around here some put them in a drum of clean water for a couple of days before they serve them up and others don't.  What is your preference?

Jerry
Jim he was about 20" long i havent seen many with a neck as big i bet it was 41/2 " thick.HF i just cleaned it as it was i was about to break my line so i shot him with a 22 a few times till he gave up.

Hawks Feather

Good plan.  Placing a dead turtle into clean water (in warm weather) isn't going to make it taste good at all.   :biggrin:

Jerry

JohnP

So give me a lesson on how you clean them and maybe a recipe. 
When they come for mine they better bring theirs

Hawks Feather

Quote from: JohnP on June 16, 2014, 11:11:34 AM
So give me a lesson on how you clean them and maybe a recipe.

John,

The first lesson with snapping turtles is much like the first lesson on rattlesnakes - Don't Get Bit!

I will let some real turtle cookers give your further details.

Jerry

riverboss

John some use pressure a garden hose or air and blow it in the neck till the shell pops loose. I just start hacking with a knife till the job is done and stay away from the snapper and the claws they are tough boogers and can eat you up hours after they are dead. The cooking part i always cook them like fried chicken and they are tastey.