• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Labor day bassin

Started by bigben, August 31, 2014, 09:25:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigben

When this weekend started i didn't intend on it being a full weekend of bass fishing. Fri i had to test the outboard so i went to the susky. I threw the rods in just in case. After a half hour of making laps i pulled up on some shallow ledges. Started pitchin a tube. Landed sum fish and then hooked into a tank. A few head shakes and drag pulling it was all over. My sickle hook was pulled straight.

Yesterday we did some house work and brush hoggin in the morning. In the afternoon we went to the local creek. I was pitchin a beaver bait for the first time and i like it. For shallows targeting wood it was nice. Caught a few bass then we worked our way into a deeper section. Around 4-5ft. I was working wood piles with a. Jig and just drug it over a log. Let it hit bottom and gave it a shake and thump. He inhaled it. 18" bass. Figured him around 4 and cpr'd him.

Today dad and i went to a local resivior which is extremely clear.  Didn't catch anything all day and we tried one spot before calling it a night. Its an old beaver hut built on a steep bank but is gnarly looking. I pitched a 3/8oz jig up shallow and worked it down through the tangle and the last drop i seen it fall and was about to reel in and i seen it come out and inhale it. After landing it we cpr'd him as well. He was 22" and went 5lb on my scale. He was thin in the belly and this fall he might go 7lbs.

Tommarrow im prob gonna hit the creek again. Happy labor day everyone. And thanks for lookin
"If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not". Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.

msmith

Sweet Ben! Nice fish for sure!
Mike

Aut Vinceri Aut Mori

FinsnFur

Those are some nice ones! :eyebrownod: Cant get nuttin to hit up here
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Dave

Very nice, Ben. 
Could you figure out by the head shakes what straightened your hook?

weedwalker

Nice bass Ben!! I hope I can get out some in the next couple days.

bigben

"If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not". Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.

Hawks Feather

Nice looking fish and I am sure they were a blast to land.

Jerry

coyote101

Great fish Ben.  :biggrin: congrats  :highclap:

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

KySongDog