• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Sept hunt.

Started by riverboss, September 18, 2014, 04:54:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

riverboss

Just got permission on a new farm 400 ac and it sure looked good. So today i took my new ar out, its the first ar ive built and the first wildcat ive ever owned
Its a 6.8 spc necked down to 6mm. I setup about 50yds from the truck over looking a long ridge with thickets on each side about 60 yds wide and 200 long. I set out a decoy about 75 yrds and started blowing on my Hyde hunter call from Coulters Northbay Calls.
A coupe minutes in i catch  coyote slipping down the hill that i hadnt seen come in he was behind a tree in front of me and i hadnt seen his approach.
  I kept on calling hopeing he would come back! But instead saw 2 more charging hard they darted down the hill and went were the first one was!!
About 1 min later they came back out behind the decoy 125 yds away. I shot the first one and #2 ran up!
I shot it and hit it alittle back it went down and started to leave i fired again hitting it in the back legs and it disaperd. I never found #2 but dont think it could of survived.
I cant wait till i can get back over there! Ive still got 398 ac left.

Sent from my SCH-S738C using Tapatalk

KySongDog

Nice shooting, Dan.  It sure looks like you put that rifle together right!  :congrats:

Frogman

WTG!!  Good to see you got out with good success!!

Jim
You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

nailbender

WTG!  Love that, 398 acres left! :laf:

Coulter

I love it! And with a North Bay Call - Sweeeet :yoyo: Nice going Dan!

Steve

Okanagan

Everything about your hunt is primo:  custom wildcat rifle, new land, multiple coyotes coming in, shot two of them.   WTG!

riverboss

Thanks guys ive got a real honey hole, it buts up to the county dump so it should hold coyotes year round. Along with some wild dogs which im kind of leary of!
They say they have no fear of humans and will bite easilly. I guess i will just have to be carefull of it. Steve the call sounds great and should be well broke in soon.

HaMeR

Way to go Dan!!  :yoyo: :yoyo:  That's a good lookin coyote right there!! According to your math you still have 199 coyotes left over that 398 acres!!  :biggrin: :biggrin:

Plus you already have an idea where to set up next month for those other pesky coyotes that want to sneak in & hide on ya!!   :wink:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

FinsnFur

Nice job Dan. Looks like a good start to a nice winter pelt.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

linemansteve

Way to go Dan. good looking coyote, looks like they are starting to get some fur on them. let me know if you find any powder.  Steve :congrats:
No signature required,my hand shake or my word is good enough.
Saw a women texting while driving and it really pissed me OFF, so I rolled down my window and threw my beer at her.

msmith

Good on ya! Man I gotta get in the woods.
Mike

Aut Vinceri Aut Mori

riverboss

Went back today as there were alot of buzzards hanging around the landfill yesterday. I found the second one about 125yds from were i shot it, there wasnt much left of it or the first one they had really worked hard on them. Maybe 50 buzzards altogether they kept diving at my dog. I walked around the hill and had a coyote run off before i could get a shot. Im going to let them settle down its suposed to be breezy all weekend and i dont want to mess this place up.

gravesco hunter

Don't worry about the dogs you have the cure for their problem also

shaddragger

Pretty cool to have access to a place like that!
Take your kids hunting and you won't have to hunt your kids!
Allen

riverboss

Glenn you might be right about the 199 more the owner just called and said he has seen 3 in the last 2 days while painting his house. I really am fortunate to have such a place to hunt.

HaMeR

Just keep hammerin them Dan!! You know we like to see em being well behaved!!  :biggrin: :biggrin:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

JohnP

Dan - I have found that calling near a city/county dump is prime country, not only for coyotes but for feral dogs as well.  Congratulations on having access to a good site and getting the job done. 
When they come for mine they better bring theirs

riverboss

The feral dogs bother me as the land owner has 6-7 dogs running around and they all dont have any collars and i still havent seen them enough to be able to tell if they belong or not.. i wont be shooting any feral dogs for awhile unless i am sure. Its 37 degs this morning im going to try again before work.

KyBoarSlayer

Still knockin em down  :bowingsmilie:  I know what you mean about the dogs, me and a partner were huntin public land when a dog came in, we were both on the sticks, i had to wave it off when i saw it had a collar lol

Billy Jack