• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

2008 LBL Hunt

Started by KySongDog, April 07, 2007, 09:33:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blackfish

Howdy All , Was wondering if you could stand another Buckeye hunter down  there ? Will there be enough room? Sounds to me  its going to be a good hunt!!! Thats if Gas isn't $5  a gallon!! hahahaaa Guess I'll ride my horse!  Another ? fer ya, Can I use my Muzzle Loader? :eyebrownod:
You don't never wanta do no assumtin' !
            Henry Frapp

awh

Good question Blackfish. Maybe someone can post the legal guns that we can bring? Lil-man only has so many choices and I might need to ....(Is the wife listening??)....buy a few more guns. :wo:
My views and opinions are based upon being banned from a place that has no morals or the common sense God gave to a pecker gnat. I also hate frogs and will reply to such at any given chance. Thank You.

DirtyDog

Quote from: awh on May 25, 2007, 11:24:19 AM
Good question Blackfish. Maybe someone can post the legal guns that we can bring? Lil-man only has so many choices and I might need to ....(Is the wife listening??)....buy a few more guns. :wo:

Buy them anyway.........  :eyebrow:

Jimmie in Ky

During th month of february any legal caliber hunting weapon is legal for coyote in th LBL. So your muzzleloader is OK Blackfish.

All reservations to stay at Wranglers campground must now be handled through ReserveUSA website. Yah'll just remember that cabins A1 and A2 are already spoken for that weekend. Two days for the Large cabins will be around $112 give or take a few if they decide to increase the rates a bit again this year.

We did have an increase on out of state Ky licsenses this year so that will be diferent this time. How much yet I am not sure. LBL hunting permit has remained the same. Jimmie

blackfish

Thanks for the reply Jimmie,I 'll go on your states DNR web page and check out  lic.  prices and laws. I had seen  the LbL hunting article  in the Varmint Hunter Mag and thought it would make a good road trip ! As long as things go well this year, sounds  like tits to me!  Might even bring another "Old Retired  Man "with me to share the tripp $ and drive!  I'll check  out Wranglers site too ! Thanks fer the infro!
                                                                                                                         Jimmie Mac
You don't never wanta do no assumtin' !
            Henry Frapp

ohiobob

have it at the same time as Predatormasterbaters do  :yoyo: Oh they dont have it there anymore do they? just down in Crapshits back door,,ur I mean Back yard dont they ???
How many to a Large cabin ? if a large cabin is $66 a day how much for a small cabin and how many does a small cabin sleep ? and most people just go down on Saturday & Sunday ?
I agree with ya Blackfish about the cost of gas, It MIGHT be around $4.50 by the time the LBL rolls around  :doh2:  :sad2:   :mad2:  :mad3:
Bob
You don't shoot to kill; you shoot to stay alive.

A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone!!!

Bushmaster Predator .223,,4x14 Burris

Parke-Hale .22-.250 6x24 Tasco

Red Fag is a "Ruling Queen" Then ???

centerfire_223

The large cabins have 6 twin sized beds (bunk beds) and a full sized bed. Can't really say how big the small cabins are, never been in one of those.

There are some people that come down for just the Saturday and Sunday but not many. Most people come in early in the week and stay till Sunday. At least that is what I try to do.
Ronnie Cannon

------------->-

KySongDog

The small cabin has two bunk beds and a full size bed.  It costs about $35 per night.  Without heat.   :biggrin:  So ya need to bring an electric heater of some sort with ya.  Wrangler's has portable heaters for use but sometimes they don't work real well.   :biggrin:

Bopeye

This fat boy doesn't rough it quite like the rest. At the south gate of the LBL is a place called the Dover Inn. Yeah BABY!!!
It's not fancy, but if you rent a cabin there you have a kitchen (YUMMY), a heated room, comfortable beds, warm water, and showers. If you just rent a room the only difference is the kitchen ain't there.  :biggrin:

I'll visit with you boys at night, but when fat boy becomes sleepy boy.........Dover Inn bound.  :wink:
Foxpro Staff Infection Free

DirtyDog

I actually have a freind that lives about 40 minutes away. I am probably going to stay there during the week, then head to Wranglers for the Weekend.  :sneer:

Dogwood Creek

Sounds like there could be enough fellers in camp to put on a drive. :yoyo: I'm Serrious! There are locals here that drive coyote. Sometimes they actually do some shooting too. Too labor intensive for a graying, overweight, middleaged ridgerunner from PA though. I'm not saying I am one  :wink: just that it is.....well, you know.  :innocentwhistle:

Jimmie in Ky

We ain't got near enough manpower for a drive. That would take young and not so over wieght men in there :nono: Jimmie

bigben

I know that I am deffinately coming down but I called a buddy of mine and he said that he might come down along with me.  I was wondering to you guys normally pair up with others in the cabins.  it would be stupid financially speaking to rent a cabin for only 2 people when it can fit 7.  just wondering since this will be my first time hunting out of state.
"If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not". Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.

awh

Bigben
Me and Cam are planning on being there. (If his mom lets him skip school for a few day's...if not, just me I guess) We'll split a cabin w/ ya if you want too. May bring one of the cousins as well. Won't know if he can go till closer to the hunt.
My views and opinions are based upon being banned from a place that has no morals or the common sense God gave to a pecker gnat. I also hate frogs and will reply to such at any given chance. Thank You.

Bopeye

It's just 8 more months and then SHOWTIME!!!!

Looking forward to it already........ :eyebrownod:
Foxpro Staff Infection Free

Jeb

yotehunter74

well guys, I talked it over with the wife and am figuring i will be there....   just need direction to get there and one of those "special" maps jimmie has... given i have those two things i am there....

Jimmie in Ky

Yotehunter74, and Bigben, You can go to LBL.org and download one of the road and zone maps of the LBL. Get yourselves familiar with those. I will post closed roads or bad roads when we get closer to the hunt. These are also what I mark for newbies to the area when they get there. I try to have a number of areas scouted out with easy access for those who need it as well.

You can also go to any one of the map sites and look at arial photos and topo maps of the LBL. Type Land Between the Lakes in the search.

Break in a good pair of boots and your all set  :biggrin: Jimmie

KySongDog

Quote from: Jimmie in Ky on June 18, 2007, 11:33:32 AM
Break in a good pair of boots and your all set  :biggrin: Jimmie

That's for sure. And get yor legs in shape too. Lots of hills down thar.  That is unless ya hunt smart.  Being on the dumb side, me and No Neck did a bunch of walkin last Feb.   I called up one yote but couldn't close the deal with the scattter gun.  But FUN it was.   :biggrin:

browning204

You guys suck! My G/f is going to have our #2 in january (#2 meaning baby) and she will kick me in the nuts if I go!
FOXPRO, THE TRUE LEADER IN IMITATION!!!

Obamerica      GOD HELP US!