• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

You got guns in your house??

Started by FinsnFur, November 24, 2014, 08:25:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Okanagan

A U.S. citizen friend of mine who grew up in Canada got a doctorate in some kind of nursing and took a job at a town in Arizona.  They liked her and vice versa, and as they finalized the hiring, one of the doctors asked her if she carried. 

She didn't know what he meant so he explained that many people in the town carried concealed handguns, including most of the doctors and nurses, and she needed to be aware of that environment.  Sweet little Canadian girl was shocked, and more so her first day when a grey haired pillar of the community kind of gentleman patient took off his pistol as he disrobed.   She asked one of the doctors to help her pick a handgun and get some training.  Last I heard she carried and you would not want to mess with her.

riverboss

Quote from: Okanagan on June 27, 2015, 05:00:22 PM
A U.S. citizen friend of mine who grew up in Canada got a doctorate in some kind of nursing and took a job at a town in Arizona.  They liked her and vice versa, and as they finalized the hiring, one of the doctors asked her if she carried. 

She didn't know what he meant so he explained that many people in the town carried concealed handguns, including most of the doctors and nurses, and she needed to be aware of that environment.  Sweet little Canadian girl was shocked, and more so her first day when a grey haired pillar of the community kind of gentleman patient took off his pistol as he disrobed.   She asked one of the doctors to help her pick a handgun and get some training.  Last I heard she carried and you would not want to mess with her.
That's a great story!! I think we should all carry and it be like the old west. Someone steels your property they pay with there life! It wouldnt take long before robbery was a thing of the past.
With all the free hand outs we've got now there no reason for someone to have to steal anything.

FinsnFur

That sounds about right Clyde. Arizona has always been a carry state and practically everyone does. Its about as close to the "Old West" as you'll get. I believe you can take a gun anywhere in that state.  :confused: :shrug:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

JohnP

Quote from: FinsnFur on June 27, 2015, 06:58:57 PM
That sounds about right Clyde. Arizona has always been a carry state and practically everyone does. Its about as close to the "Old West" as you'll get. I believe you can take a gun anywhere in that state.  :confused: :shrug:

"I believe you can take a gun anywhere in that state."  Yes you can and most of us do. 
When they come for mine they better bring theirs

trailtwister

My VA clinic sent a questionnaire that they had gun locks and would I like some, UP top 4. All my foolish friends said don't send back you want any it is a ploy to know if you have guns. I sent it back and got 4 cable locks.
Every gun I have ever bought I had to fill out paper work on. Unless they lost that stuff they know about every one I own.

:biggrin:  Al
Your not fully dressed with out a smile.

KySongDog

Where some state's CCW license only covers firearms, in Kentucky, the CCDW license covers:

A weapon of mass destruction
    Any weapon from which a shot, readily capable of producing death or other serious physical injury, may be discharged;
    Any knife other than an ordinary pocket knife or hunting knife;
    Billy, nightstick, or club;
    Blackjack or slapjack;
    Nunchaku karate sticks;
    Shuriken or death star; or
    Artificial knuckles made from metal, plastic, or other similar hard material.

Kinda neat, huh?

riverboss

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

riverboss

FinsnFur

Really? They break it down like that?
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

KySongDog

Quote from: FinsnFur on July 03, 2015, 09:40:01 AM
Really? They break it down like that?

Yep.  Those words came straight from the statute.