• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Stupid People

Started by JohnP, April 03, 2015, 12:20:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnP

We should allow this in Detroit, NY City, D.C., LA and various other cities.

When they come for mine they better bring theirs

riverboss

Stupid isn't even close!!

FinsnFur

Plenty of em got knocked out cold. Complete idiots :rolleye:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

vayotehowler

There was a time I actually wanted to run w the Bulls in Pamplona.

Dale

the only way I want anything to do with them bulls is to sit down behind one that's spent the last 12 hours rolling over on a spit...
when you step out of the truck you become part of the food chain...

nastygunz

Hell if you want to run from a bull easiest way in my experience is to go stand around a cow pasture with a flyrod and it's a 99% chance it will happen :innocentwhistle:

Carolina Coyote

Nasty, that sounds like an experience comment. haha

riverboss

All i have to do is go coyote hunting ! I'm a bull magnet. Lol[emoji243]

nastygunz

I was bass fishing with a flyrod on tickle naked pond in Vermont yes that's its real name,  and hooked a damn heifer with the back cast with a biggish bass popper.

Ole Bessie felt the steel and made a run for it across the pasture with the whole herd, took me right down to my backing in no time and then popped my damn line.

I couldn't leave the damn cow with the bass popper stuck in her and a whole fly line and backing  trailing around behind it so I tried to run her down to earth in this humongous cow pasture and that didn't work too well.

Then to top it all off the old farmer, Thuron Alldredge, come down to the field on his tractor because he said he saw some goddamn fool chasing his cows all over the pasture.

Fortunately he had a good sense of humor and kept shaking his head saying By Jesus! And eventually we get the cow sorted out.
:biggrin:

P.S. No bass were injured during this event.

JohnP

That is downright funny.
When they come for mine they better bring theirs

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Dale

was fishing a trout stream in southern Lancaster cty, PA,  this pasture the stream was running through was prolly ¼ mile wide by ¾mile long... the cows, beef with calves, were all the way at the other end of the pasture when my bud and I climbed the fence to access the stream... we fished about ¼mile into the pasture and for whatever reason them cows took exception to our being there... the whole herd to include calves came charging down the pasture and run the both of us up into a big blow down we could climb up in... fortunately it wasn't to far off the stream... kept us treed for 20 minutes or so and then they meandered back up the pasture... we got a bit more fishing in till they launched another assault, we left before it got serious...

I hope the whole lot of'em got sent off to the slaughter house...   :holdon:
when you step out of the truck you become part of the food chain...

nastygunz

I learned at an early age if I saw a pasture with a beware of bull sign, I bewared :yoyo:.

nastygunz

Not to sidetrack from the bull  thread but thinking about tickle naked  pond brought back a lot of memories.  I once had a pet alligator, and I used to buy him feeder fish from a pet shop for food.

The pet shop closed so one night after work I stopped by the pond to catch him a few perch for dinner. Long story short a real jerk of a fish cop pulled in and bagged me for no fishing license! So I told him geez I am just trying to get a few fish to feed my alligator.

Well that was a bad move on my part, confiscated alligator and fishing pole and got fined for fishing without a license. :doh2:

When I was in high school I was there fishing  with a few of my buddies intermittently shooting bottle rockets at each other.  Apparently one of the Rockets went off course and landed in the cab of my buddy Perleys fathers pick up truck.
That resulted in smoke and fire and Perley losing truck privileges for quite some time ha ha.

That old pond was also the hotspot to take your girl after the game with a bottle of Boones Farm wine and watch the submarine races :innocentwhistle: :eyebrow:

riverboss

Is that were the name came from?

Dave

Haha!  Those are some great stories  :alscalls:

nastygunz

Various explanations for this odd and humorous name have been offered; the late Dr. John C. Huden, who spent most of his life studying place-names derived from Indian words, said it may be a modified Delaware Indian word meaning "beaver kittens here."

The titillatingly named Ticklenaked Pond in Ryegate might also be the result of an old Indian word being mispronounced to make sense to a foreign ear. Huden believes its original name might have been "taugamochek," a Delaware Indian word meaning "little beaver" or "little beavers." Or possibly it comes from the word "Took-nock-ett," which means "riverbank."

Whatever its source, the pond's original name was not intended to conjure images of skinny-dipping.

Quote from: riverboss on April 07, 2015, 05:56:54 AM
Is that were the name came from?