• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

New .17 HMR. Semi.

Started by nastygunz, August 02, 2015, 09:41:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nastygunz

What the hell is this country coming to?! Not only is Pabst blue ribbon owned by Russians now another loss of an American icon, but it has also turned into a yuppie beer!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/09/19/pbr-russian_n_5849262.html

Dale

PHhhhewwwww... glad I don't rate testing one of these... I hate to think I'd like it more then my 17 Hornet...   :nono:
when you step out of the truck you become part of the food chain...

FinsnFur

"honey wheat strawberry chocolate latte Laotian Russian Chinese microbrewery custom beer"...roflamo! :alscalls:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

HaMeR

I bet the BATFE would love to see this thread now!!!!  :alscalls: :alscalls:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

nastygunz

I think I need to brush up on being a yuppie! Last Friday me and my honey we're going through the drive-through at Starbucks so she's ordering some coffee drink, skinny moose milk cream truffle latte veggie shaken stirred coffee concoction, so when I'm up to bat I say yeah can I just get a large black coffee, the lady on the speaker whom im told is not just a drive-through attendant but a barista, said  a large black Vente? I said what is a Vente? And she said a large cup of coffee, so I said OK well that's what I would like a large cup of black coffee and she said OK one large black Vente. At that point my copilot herefore known as short mean and mouthy, was glaring daggers at me so I surrendered to polite society and pulled up and paid  for our coffees and continued our Friday morning journey.  :innocentwhistle:

nastygunz

WTH, I think I just hijacked my own thread?! :innocentwhistle: :yoyo: :biggrin:

riverboss

I don't drink coffee but if I did I think I would like a double moca latte diet mountain dew. Now back to the 17 hmr I think you should send one to Glen! He wife could teach him how to use it. Lol.[emoji6]  isn't hmr short for hamer its got his name man give him one.

Sent from my BLU STUDIO 5.0 C HD using Tapatalk

nastygunz

I am torn between the A17 and the CZ512, maybe Jimbo can get us one of each?

riverboss

I almost bought the cz512 in 22 mag. Until I found a sweet rem 597 in 22mag used for half price.
It looks like a great gun and haven't heard anything bad about cz.

nastygunz

My long time go to .22 Long rifle is a Remington 597 !  thing is a tack driver.

nastygunz

I have a CZ  527 carbine in .223, beautiful rifle and a shooter. I am definitely a CZ fan.

Todd Rahm

I had the A17 in my hands a few days ago. While part of me wanted to buy it the other part of me said its cheaply built. There didn't seem to be anything solid about it, the plastic stock seemed at best CHEAP, and the barrel had that cheesy glossy blue finish that looked poorly done. I was not impressed at all.  :nofgr:

nastygunz

I have been reading quite a few bad reviews about it also.

nastygunz

So I stopped at a local gun shop today and lo and behold on the rack was one lone single a17 rifle! Asking price was $399 and it had a tag that said last of surplus rifles. I held it looked it all over I thought it looked pretty decent felt pretty good, kind of heavy. And then back on the shelf she went. They also have the ammunition for it $51 for a 200 round box. I have read quite a few reviews on it and it seems to have some issues with functioning and the magazine falling out. I will hold off for now and wait and see if they shake out the bugs. Right beside it I also saw a bmag rifle which looks just about like the a17 for $350. Neither one of them has impressed me enough to pull the trigger no pun intended. :innocentwhistle:

nastygunz

nastygunz

Now Savage  just came out with a .22 Magnum , the A22:

riverboss

Its about time.

FinsnFur

Keeping up with the Jones's  :eyebrownod:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

KySongDog

Might have to check that A22 out.  I had a savage 22mag bolt but the magazines were very finicky. Hope they improved the ones on the A22.

I also want to handle the KelTec CMR-30 rifle.  It uses the same 30 round mag as the PMR-30 pistol.  That gun is a LOT of fun to shoot!

nastygunz

And they finally have some of those for sale, CMR-30?