• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Buck and Buff.....What ya think??

Started by Arkyyoter, April 11, 2007, 11:01:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arkyyoter

I finished this call a few ago....It is quite different from my norm....there is no lanyard groove, and it is extremely simple...The inside of the bell is tapered and smooth....Whitetail antler with Water Buffalo on each end...the buffalo horn goes all the way through the antler, it is not a laminate.....will be tuned with a brass reed...I only wish I could take pictures like Al, but these will have to do.....

Thanks for lookin!!!!

Joe

THO Game Calls

Holy Smokes Batmat - that one is HOT!  Beautiful call Joe - absolutely beautiful.   :bowingsmilie:

By the way - Did you steal Jerry's bullet??   :roflmao:

AL
THO Game Calls
www.thogamecalls.com
Become one of 'The Hunted Ones' with a THO Game Call
Handcrafted Collector Quality - Field Proven Results

Hawks Feather

Joe,

You are getting an awesome finish on those horns.  Looks super.

Al,
While I am not sure, I think that is a relative to Shiny .243.  It looks to me like cousin Shiny 25-06.

Jerry

FinsnFur

Looks good, real good.  :congrats:
How'd ya get the horn to go all the way through?
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

HaMeR

Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

WhiteHare

Top notch work.    I wouldn't begin to get into this call making arena.  Way too many quality spinners to compete with.

Joe,  You have done an outstanding job on this one.  :congrats:   :congrats:   :congrats:
WhiteHare Lanyards
Richard Hughes

www.white-hare.com
whitehare@white-hare.com

bearmanric

very good joe. that one is special. very nice match up  :yoyo: :highclap: :yoyo: :highclap: :yoyo: :highclap: :yoyo: :highclap:.Rick

Bob D

Joe,
That call is like a fine piece of jewelry, just stunning ! Is it spoken for?
Bob

BasinBoy

Brad H

I'm really liking the calls you've been making lately.

Super nice!

Brad

DirtyDog

Great lookin call Joe, I am gonna have to get one, one of these days.  :congrats:

Arkyyoter

Thank all of ya'll....you are too kind!! I am having more fun making calls than I have ever had before.....I never worked much with horn and antler 'till now....I love it...heck, I may soon get to a point to where that's the vast majority of what I make...add a little brass and other exotic materials.......I figure I can learn it...  :shrug:   :biggrin:

Joe

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

Bob D

FinsnFur

I think he gets in such a hurry Bob he ignores us. The clever, see all, wityness, state of mind of the Trooper has plumb wore off.

Maybe if we moon him, call him names, or just say the call looks like garbage...he'll notice us  :laf:  :wink:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

Arkyyoter

LOL guys....sorry....I am just an old man....slow, dim witted, and .........oh nevermind!!!  :biggrin:  :wink:

OK......Bob, there are a few (5) folks wanting to buy it...not sure if I am going to sell it, I was, but right now I am uncertain....I will definately give ya a shout when I decide what to do with it if you are interested...

Jim....the bottom piece of horn ( bell end) actually is turned to .6248 roughly for about an inch above the band you see at the bottom portion of the antler.....the antler is bored to .6250...the bottom portion of horn inserts into the antler about an inch....the top (mouth) also has a tenon turned .6248 that goes in the antler from the other end, almost meeting the other piece of horn....left enough room between them for possible expansion to prevent them from pushing on each other....does that help??

Joe

BasinBoy

Joe i dont know if its just me. but i think you used to big of words for my brain to comprehend :confused:

FinsnFur

That's all it took Bob  :biggrin:

Makes perfect sense Joe  :yoyo:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

Todd Rahm

Joe thats a freak'n SMOKE'N hot call. I like everything about it even the shape....................I kinda like the natural stuff missing the brass ring too. Man, I would love that call...............I promise to love, and honor her, until death do us part.  :readthis:  :biggrin:

Man the possabilities ya have with that design...................replace the antler with burl.......................holy smokers, I'm getting a woody.  :innocentwhistle:

:congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats:

Bopeye

That is a sweet looking call..........it's.......it's........well, crap.......I don't have the words again.

You are outdoing yourself Arky........ :congrats: :congrats:

Don't sell it to Todd though...........can't trust guys with a "woody"........... :nono: :roflmao:
Foxpro Staff Infection Free