• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

10 Years

Started by Coulter, January 30, 2016, 10:16:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coulter

Happy Anniversary To North Bay Game Calls :biggrin: It just dawned on me while I was out doing a little shooting today that next month marks 10 years since I started making my own calls. Time really flies when you're having fun right? They certainly haven't all been pretty, remember the "Ugly Betty". I forget who has that call on here, but I'm sure they still have it.

Anyway, I just wanted to say THANK YOU to all of you guys that bought calls from me over the years, or even traded. I really wouldn't have lasted ten years without your support. It has been a great time and I've made a lot of friends during the last decade that will certainly last decades more, yep even you HaMeR :wink:

I'm still learning the art of making calls, I don't plan to ever stop learning and raising my own bar so to speak. Not until I'm dead anyway. That's the only time one truly stops learning.

So here are a few pics to reminisce of the last decade...and to another decade to come. I'm very hesitant about this, but it looks like I may even turn to the dark side and re-open the NB Facebook page...Stay tuned for that and again...Thank you everybody!

Hawks Feather

Steve,

If you are anything like me you now look back at those first few calls that 'really looked great' and realize that they don't really look all that great.  I had several designs before I finally started making them the way I do now.

This is pretty much the shape or style that I have stuck with for the past 10 years.

Jerry

Dave

Congrats on your decade!!!
Love seeing the pics

FinsnFur

Thats a milestone to be proud of :highclap:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

riverboss

Congrats on 10 yrs! I for one love your calls, they are a deadly.

Sent from my BLU STUDIO 5.0 C HD using Tapatalk

Todd Rahm

Glad to have seen you do it for ten years, and continue to do it!!! Happy 10th brother!!

Coulter

Oh man Jerry, that is so true. I've looked at some of my first calls and yikes! What was I thinking there? I haven't necessarily stopped at one design by any means, but each call I turn out now has a few unique characteristics that I kind of consider my own style. I'm looking forward to popping out a few more predator designs as well. I do have a couple of irons in the fire so to speak :eyebrow:

Thanks Dave those pictures barely scratch the surface. I have a ton of pictures from customers that have used my calls to harvest a variety of critters over the years. I'm looking forward to many more of them to share too.

Jimbo...what can I say. I couldn't have done anything without you and the guys here on FnF. You put up with a lot of ball busting from me too...my hat is off to you!

Dan...Thank you kindly sir. I'd still like to get some coon squaller finished up one of these years. That was you that asked about those wasn't it. We can discuss that some more in a few days at LBL. Bring along your ideas.

Todd...I don't think there is anybody that owns as many of my calls as you. There may be one or two contenders here locally but I have no idea. That was one of the things that got me to thinking...just how many calls have I turned out in the last ten years anyway? I have absolutely no idea, is the only answer I could come up with. It's certainly in the high hundreds, if not pushing a thousand by now. Again, I couldn't have done it without you. Thanks again for all of your support.

More important than any number of calls sold or made are the friendships I've made over the years. From going duck hunting or turkey hunting with customers to going out to test some predator calls and just the general camaraderie of this whole adventure. That's what it's truly all about. I'm looking forward to many more years.

Steve

Steve

coyote101

Congratulations on 10 years Steve.  :congrats: Here's to 10 more.  :highclap:

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

Coulter

Thanks Pat...see ya in a few days! I can't wait to NOT work for a while.

Stecve

JohnP

Congratulations Steve, and hope you have many more very successful years.
When they come for mine they better bring theirs