• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Making money without really trying.

Started by pitw, May 29, 2016, 01:02:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pitw

Couple weeks ago I was spraying a field down South and found this Fn thing

within 300 yds of where I started the 800 acres.  Spent the rest of the day sitting on pins and needles trying not to run over it's partner but I was lucky and never hit it or seen it.
Fast forward to Friday evening when I took the big based unit that weighed 2 lbs 13 oz's up to a gathering of outdoorsy type people.  They was drinking some kinda pop that made them wobbly when I brought it in.  One of the fellows was an fur and antler buyer who said it didn't weigh 2 pounds so would give me $7 a pound for it.  I had him pass it around and get other guess's before I said, "I'll bet you it is far closer to 3 lbs than 2.5.  If I'm right you pay $25 a lb and if you are right it's free".  He was hooked and when they brought out a fish scale I damb near died laughing when it showed 3lbs 1 oz.  He is now the proud owner of an antler and I have $75 I didn't have before. :alscalls:
I say what I think not think what I say.

KySongDog

Obviously that fellow doesn't know Barry very well.   :laf:   

Who would've guessed that he weighed the antler in advance.    :doh2:

Hawks Feather

Barry,

He screwed you.  You should have received $76.56.  You need to go back and get the rest that he owes you.

Jerry

pitw

Jerry that particular fellow has been screwing me and everyone else for years. It felt good to be on the other end for once. :wink:

FinsnFur

How much would it have cost him after you pulled it out of a tire?  :laf:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

pitw

One time years ago the old man brought a large deer antler home so he wouldn't run over it in the field.  Next day he destroyed a tire on the biggest tractor cause the dog drug the antler over there.  It took some protecting to keep that dog barking. :laf:

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Hawks Feather

That image gives new meaning to retriever. 

Jerry