Author Topic: Squirrel dogs  (Read 808 times)

Offline coyote101

• Platinum Membership
Squirrel dogs
« on: January 28, 2017, 06:56:34 PM »
Jeremy (topdawg) brought his dogs to Hopkinsville for a little squirrel hunting with some friends.  :biggrin: A good time was had by all.  :yahoo:

Sugar and Peanut kept us busy. You better be ready for some walking if you're going to follow those two around the woods for hours.  :whew:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

Offline FinsnFur

• Administrator
  • Fins and Fur Outdoors
    • Fins and Fur Hosting
Re: Squirrel dogs
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2017, 07:23:52 PM »
Now that sounds fun! The one dog is so small I bet he could make it halfway up the trees :congrats:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://FinsandFurHosting.com

Offline coyote101

• Platinum Membership
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2017, 07:30:44 PM »
Now that sounds fun!
The one dog is so small I bet he could make it halfway up the trees :congrats:

It is great fun Jim, but there is a LOT of walking invloved.

She is a Mountain Feist, a little ball of energy that goes like the Energizer bunny. :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump:

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

Offline nastygunz

• Platinum Membership
    • wildinthewoods
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2017, 07:39:07 PM »
 I have to live trap me some of them fox squirrels!  :innocentwhistle:

Offline coyote101

• Platinum Membership
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2017, 07:44:16 PM »
Come to Kentucky, nasty. We'll put you on some.  :eyebrow:

Pat
NRA Life Member

Offline nastygunz

• Platinum Membership
    • wildinthewoods
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2017, 09:15:58 PM »
 I would love to do that for sure!  I have been doing some studying on them but I don't think they would survive the winters  :madd:

Offline Hawks Feather

• Global Moderator
  • Custom Call Maker
    • Jerry Latta Photography
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2017, 05:58:58 PM »
I would love to do that for sure!  I have been doing some studying on them but I don't think they would survive the winters  :madd:

They live in the Grand Rapids area of MI and don't seem to have any problems.  I don't know about your temps, but snow doesn't bother them at all.  Then again you might have more animals that look at them as a tasty snack.  There is a Red-Tailed hawk that comes to visit about every day but that hasn't slowed the population growth.

I know a teacher here in town (actually lives outside of town) who has a few coon hounds and also started one of the dogs running squirrel.  Not sure, but I don't think it is also used for coons, but I don't know.  He has been having lots of fun with the dog and the squirrels.  Two weekends ago he took his dog and others brought theirs for a youth squirrel hunt over in Indiana.  The kids really enjoyed it.

Jerry