• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Help...the day has arrived!

Started by Coulter, April 17, 2007, 07:29:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coulter

Well guys, I was just finishing up some turkey sticks tonight (strikers) and showed one of the bubinga sticks to my wife. She thought it was so nice she wants me to make her something now. :holdon: What the heck could I make her that would be fun to make...I thought of making her a "Honey-Call", but I fear she would just use it for evil purposes. This woman can conjure up a wicked honey-do list. Just imagine the consequences of giving here a Honey-Call. Then I was thinking of making her a vase, I saw some that CypressSlough posted a while back and they turned out real nice. Surely I could get another tool or two in order to make the vase extra special...but then she is gonna want flowers all of the time. This will ultimately deprive me of callmaking supply funds. :nofgr:
I also thought of the salt and pepper mill thing, but she would accuse me of making it for myself...I am a perpetual pepper hog.

So that is my dilemma, what would you infinitely wiseman suggest :bowingsmilie: :roflmao:

quackerstacker

steve, if you go to my website and scroll down thru my duck call collection you will see a call made by Joe jaroski that may or may not give ya a idea. :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

steve
my name is steve and im addicted to bonkers

Todd Rahm

Don't look Steve just spin the wife a rolling pin.  :innocentwhistle:

CypressSlough

Good luck Coulter. After my wife saw those for my mom. Guess what I had to do for her. If you are wanting to turn a vase or bowl, give me a shout, and I can help you with it. It isn't hard to do. Just time consuming. On the bright side you get to buy or make a couple new tools. Brian.
www.All-TerrainOutdoors.com
Brian Keahey
Texarkana, TX 75503

THO Game Calls

Take a 2 x 2 by 6 or 8" piece and make her a Twig Pot.   Go to WalMart and in the Craft section they have miniture flowers.  Fake of course.  She's happy, you never have to buy flowers so you are happy too.

Oh -

ignore Steve - You do NOT want to show that to your wife  :roflmao:   :roflmao:   :roflmao:

Especially if you take Todd's advice and make her a rolling pin  :roflmao:  :roflmao:  :roflmao:

AL
THO Game Calls
ww.thogamecalls.com
Become one of 'The Hunted Ones' with a THO Game Call
Handcrafted Collector Quality - Field Proven Results

quackerstacker

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: at AL and Todd.

steve
my name is steve and im addicted to bonkers

Coulter

I've seen that uh...that thing. I don't think that would fly, it sure would be funny though. But I don't think I could bring myself to oil and wax it :holdon: :roflmao: :roflmao:

A twig pot? Is that similar to a vase? I like the idea of fake flowers...as the guys from Guiness beer would say..."Brilliant!!" I just might try that one Al. It will be a while before I begin her project though. I have other stuff that has to get done first.

Thanks for the help, I knew I could count on you guys :biggrin:

cjcalls

Could always make her a custom lipstick holder. Just adjust the bore on your call to fit. :nofgr:

HaMeR

Make her some coasters to protect her nice end tables. :laf:

Hey!! It worked for me!! :laf:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

FinsnFur

Heck just get a couple THO Bonkers, tell her you turned them everyone else does, then turn them into earings for her.

Fine jewelry made finer :yoyo:

Matt, I know you were kidding around with your post, and I honestly meant no foul towards you with this. I just had to throw it out there in light of recent topics :wink:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

THO Game Calls

You are an evil man Jim - we beat up poor Matt enough. 

Ear Rings -  well, CCP made them into supports for his boat - why not ear rings.

Al
THO Game Calls
www.thogamecalls.com
Become one of 'The Hunted Ones' with a THO Game Call
Handcrafted Collector Quality - Field Proven Results

MattS

Bopeye

Quote from: THO Game Calls on April 17, 2007, 10:17:43 PM

Ear Rings -  well, CCP made them into supports for his boat - why not ear rings.

Al
THO Game Calls
www.thogamecalls.com

Very nice supports for his boat I might add.  :eyebrow:
That chic didn't have a worry in the world.............. :laf:
Foxpro Staff Infection Free

Todd Rahm

Just make her some custom "napkin" holders.  :roflmao:

Coulter

Ya know the last time I made her something it ended up in the garbage. I thought the nipple warmers would be ideal for our area as cold as it gets around here in the winter. :roflmao: :roflmao: She likes the beaver fur mittens when we take the kids sled riding though. Anyway, these are some great ideas. I'll have to get working on something :innocentwhistle:

ninthinning

So far I've made my wife a vase, pin cusion bases, crochet needles, knitting needles,  handles for her felting needles and hair sticks.  The hair sticks are  a little like the bone Wilma Flintstone wears in her hair.  I lined the wood vase with aluminum tubing and it holds real flowers.
Their horses are swifter than leopards, fiercer than wolves at dusk - Habakkuk 1:8

awh

I have made the better half a curio cabinet, cedar chest(Well...a walnut chest lined with cedar...), several shelves to hold the knick knacks, picture frames....ect.
If she wants something from the lathe......I tell her it's Cams. :roflmao: And all he knows how to make is calls.  :biggrin:
I'm finishing up Cam a new bedroom suite made out of Maple now. And I know when she sees it what little time I had to do what I want is going to be out the window as she also is good at the honey do list thing... :rolleye:

Good luck bud. Let us know how it went.
My views and opinions are based upon being banned from a place that has no morals or the common sense God gave to a pecker gnat. I also hate frogs and will reply to such at any given chance. Thank You.

HaMeR

My wife learned that woodworking requests take MUCH longer than woodworking gifts!! :eyebrownod:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

2014-15 TBC-- 11

vvarmitr

NEVER BUY FAKE FLOWERS That is one rule I live by.  I did it once & I learned the err of my ways. Flesh flowers are an investment in your marrage & if that's to much trouble then buy all the lathe tools you can because you'll more than likely won't have to split 'em up in the upcoming divorce. :shrug:

HaMeR

I buy flowers once a year. And thats when they are being sold on the town square for $20/dozen. My EX wife taught me NOT to buy women flowers. :rolleye:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

2014-15 TBC-- 11