• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Crow calls and Owl Hooters

Started by Orion, May 01, 2007, 07:22:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orion

Group: Members
Member No.: 2359

I friend at work is going hunting in back east and asked me to make a set of call for him and his dad. The crow calls are cocobolo and the owl hooters are made from bocote. The hooters are two piece fit w/ o-ring and the reeds are removable, also fit with o-rings. The crow calls are real screamers but still working on the tone for the hooters. I will work on the reed to adjust the tone when I know what I an looking for. Does anyone have a link to a sound file? Thanks for lookin!

Doug
"Orion calls"

Crow calls are in the center..

Two piece Owl Hooters..
Doug
ORION Calls
Call for the Hunter
orion@orioncalls.com

HaMeR

You have a couple very lucky friends Doug!!   You did those up real nice!! :highclap:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

Coulter

Very nice looking calls. I love the design you did on the owl hooters :highclap:

keekee

Very nice looking calls! I love the looks of those owl hooters!

Brent

FinsnFur

I'd kinda like to hear one of those hooters.  :eyebrownod:
Quit holding out on us Orion
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Todd Rahm

Don't know squat about the calls, but I know perty woods when I see them.  :highclap:

Orion

Thanks for the comments on the calls.  They go to work today and will get first field trial in Pennsylvania turkey hunting on the weekend.

Thanks,
Doug
"Orion Calls"
Doug
ORION Calls
Call for the Hunter
orion@orioncalls.com

awh

Who doesn't like a nice set of hooters? :confused:

Calls look great. I too would like to hear what they sound like.
My views and opinions are based upon being banned from a place that has no morals or the common sense God gave to a pecker gnat. I also hate frogs and will reply to such at any given chance. Thank You.

GroundChuck

Calls look great, Really like the crow call
There's nothing I can't do,I just haven't done it yet.

Bob D

I really like the owl hooters. Would love to hear them.

cb223

CHAD

Mad Dog

Used both of the Orion calls for spring gobbler in PA and they worked great! Got turkeys to respond to both the crow and owl hooter calls on various days. I had to play a little bit with the propper cupping of my hands to give the owl hooter the deep tones I needed to generate a response from the birds, but that was it. Both calls were exceptionally loud which is perfect for shock calls. I got a responce at an estimated 150yds with the hooter!  THX Orion. Need to work on a yelper for me.

Hawks Feather

Hey Mad Dog,

Welcome to Fins and Fur.  Most of us find that it is a pretty good place here.  Kinda nice when you "get to know" some of the members and can start kidding around.

Jerry

Your last name isn't 20/20 is it?  Heck, you probably never heard of Mad Dog 20/20.

rwehuntn

Very nice calls. They look good

cb223

I know what MD 20/20 is! OHHH BOY do I.

Welcome Mad Dog.  Glad to hear the calls worked out for you.
CHAD

FinsnFur

Welcome to the site Maddog.

Hey where'd Orion go...I was hoping we could here these things.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

keekee

Welcome to FNF Mad Dog! I like the name! :eyebrownod:

Brent

iahntr

Them are some nice lookin calls! Welcome Mad Dog! As far as the 20/20 goes, :rolleye: I know it's a mother trying to clean it up when you yak it all over parents carpet. :nono: :nono:  Kinda like other fine wines, it was a very good year, I believe 1983 :biggrin:
Scott

Hawks Feather

1983 was a pretty good year, but 1968 was even better.

Jerry

Orion

Kind of hard for me to attach a sound file when Mad Dog is out in the woods in PA trying to bag a turkey with the calls.  Guess we will have to put the pressure on him to record the sounds  :eyebrow:.  He is also not as technically challenged as I am!! 

Orion...
Doug
ORION Calls
Call for the Hunter
orion@orioncalls.com