Author Topic: The fall season begins.  (Read 426 times)

Offline JohnP

• Gold Membership
Re: The fall season begins.
« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2019, 12:32:37 PM »

[/quote]

We are allowed a total of six each year. Two gobblers in the spring and one gobbler and three hens, or four hens in the fall. A very liberal limit which I try to take advantage of.  :biggrin:

Pat
[/quote]

We are only allowed one per year and it is a draw.  If applying for Goulds forget it, I am going to put my nine year old in for the draw, by the time he is in his thirties he might get drawn.
When they come for mine they better bring theirs

Offline pitw

• Platinum Membership
« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2019, 06:43:08 PM »
I've shot a lot of rocks at critters and would sure try a turkey if I had them here.  Wife cae home with 4 new slingshots for me as she found them on sale.  I've hit a few moose but they don't even really notice :iroll:.  Ruffed grouse I've ate because I used a slingshot and one goose that I managed to break a wing on. 
I say what I think not think what I say.

Offline nastygunz

• Platinum Membership
    • wildinthewoods
« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2019, 04:53:27 AM »
 I hit a moose with a thrown rock once  :yoyo:  I buy bags of marbles at the dollar store for my slingshot ammunition.

Offline Okanagan

• Gold Membership
« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2019, 08:13:21 AM »
I've shot a lot of rocks at critters and would sure try a turkey if I had them here.  Wife cae home with 4 new slingshots for me as she found them on sale.  I've hit a few moose but they don't even really notice :iroll:.  Ruffed grouse I've ate because I used a slingshot and one goose that I managed to break a wing on.

Wow!  You must be good with a slingshot!  I had a cousin who could hit pert near anything he shot at with one, but I never was any good.  I've killed more grouse than I can remember by throwing rocks (as a good many western men have) but was so poor with  slingshot that I never tried it. 

Offline pitw

• Platinum Membership
« Reply #24 on: October 24, 2019, 10:31:20 AM »

Wow!  You must be good with a slingshot!  I had a cousin who could hit pert near anything he shot at with one, but I never was any good.  I've killed more grouse than I can remember by throwing rocks (as a good many western men have) but was so poor with  slingshot that I never tried it.

Good with a slingshot made me  :alscalls:.  I just shoot a lot so I guess you could call it the shotgun effect Kinda/sorta.  This thread took me memory back to when I was 16.  An old boy who needed help to keep hunting took me out West in search of Moose[we didn't have any around here then].  While driving a bad two track into where we would set up camp a spruce grouse was standing on the road.  Ol' Floyd said stop so he could get his 22 and get supper for us.  I said he didn't need no damb gun for this as there were lots of baseball size dried out mud balls on the ground.  Ol' Floyd allowed me to try as he was that kinda feller who enjoyed watching a fool and his actions.  I got out and grabbed a mud ball and threw, I missed where that bird was standing by about 12 feet left and 6 foot high.  That dang bird flew as I threw and I'll be dambed if he didn't fly right into the missile.  Ol' Floyd never missed a beat as he said, "Nice lead". :alscalls:   We laughed about that for as long as it took to clean and cook supper.
I say what I think not think what I say.

Offline nastygunz

• Platinum Membership
    • wildinthewoods
« Reply #25 on: October 25, 2019, 03:31:48 PM »
I use fiber optic sights on my slinger!

img]https://i.ibb.co/gVW50qn/image.jpg[/img]
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline nastygunz

• Platinum Membership
    • wildinthewoods