• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Super Estate Sale Find (Pics Added)

Started by CypressSlough, May 03, 2007, 01:21:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CypressSlough

Hey guys, thought I would let you know what I found while at work this morning. There is a square dance hall next door to the fire station. Once a month they have a big garage sell with all the usual junk. Well today, they are having an estate sell for one of their late members. Me and the other 2 guys here went over to see what we couldn't live without. As soon as we walked in the door, I spotted what I thought was a slab clock on one of the tables. When I got to it, sure enough it was a slab clock. The slab is a large piece of Buckeye Burl.  :yoyo: The clock is in one small offshoot of the slab. The slab is about 26" long, 18" wide and 1 3/4" thick. There are some bark inclusions and voids, but for the $15 I paid for it, I think there will be enough usable wood for calls to more than cover the expense.  :eyebrow:  I will post pics when I get home in the morning.  If anyone wants a call fom this, let me know before it's all gone.
If anyone wants the clock from it, it is up for grabs as well. And yes it does work.  :roflmao:

Brian.

OK fellas here's the pics of the clock. They are not thye best pics but I wasn't gonna waste alot of my shop time this morning. Storms are supposed to set in later this afternoon.

Here ya go AL!
www.All-TerrainOutdoors.com
Brian Keahey
Texarkana, TX 75503

Brad H

What a find!!

I'll be looking forward to seeing this stuff.

Brad

Bob D

That's pretty neat finding something like that. You just never know what you might miss unless you get out there and look around. My Mother does estate sales and furniture appraisals for a living. Guess I better start checking out all her sales to see if I can find something like that for some of you FNF's call makers.

Arkyyoter

AWESOME find Brian!!! WooHoo!!!

Joe

CypressSlough

Yeah you gotta keep you eyes open for deals. Last summer I picked up a new in the box 2-ton arbor press for $20 at the square dance hall. So now we hit everyone they have.

Brian.
Brian Keahey
Texarkana, TX 75503

kiyitec

Nice find!
Put me on the list.  I am such A sucker for Buckeye burl. If there is A possibility of A matched set, sign me up.  Hurry up and send me A bill before my wife knows her debit card is missing.  ~KT
"DESIGNATED SITUATIONAL CALLER"
  Contact me for information on how to become one today, and see how easy it is to save money on guns & ammo.  List of references available upon request.

vvarmitr

Hmmmm?  :wo:
Send a pix of the clock. :eyebrow:  We need a time piece for the living room.

THO Game Calls

I hate you

:roflmao:    :roflmao:    :roflmao:   :roflmao:   :roflmao:   :roflmao:

Great find - and so nice of you to come here and rub it in    :roflmao:  :roflmao:  :roflmao:

AL
THO Game Calls
www.thogamecalls.com

Become one of 'The Hunted Ones' with a THO Game Call
Handcrafted Collector Quality - Field Proven Results

CypressSlough

KT, I think I can do you up a matched set. It may take me a little bit to get them done. I'm down to 8 calls left to make then I'll be caught up on orders for the moment. I will let you know when they are finished.

Thanks, Brian.

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
Oh come on Al. Tell me how you really feel. Would you like the clock out it. :roflmao:
Brian Keahey
Texarkana, TX 75503

THO Game Calls

Hey, you did good.   I wish I could have seen the look in your eyes when you saw that board and the price -

Tell us honestly - did you try to gt them to come down or did you about break your arn getting your money out  :roflmao:

Can't wati to see what you turn from it.

AL
THO Game Calls
www.thogamecalls.com
Become one of 'The Hunted Ones' with a THO Game Call
Handcrafted Collector Quality - Field Proven Results

CypressSlough

Actually, I just about knocked one of the guys down getting to it. I snatched it up, and a little old lady came over and asked if she could put it at the register for me while I continued to look around. I told I would just hold onto it if that was ok. She looked at me as if I'd just kicked her dog or something. I went ahead and gave the asking price, but I think I did put a small rip in my pocket. Come to find out, the little old lady was there shopping too. The moral of this story is, sometimes it pays to be greedy and to watch out for little old ladies, they WILL lie to you. :roflmao:

Brian.
Brian Keahey
Texarkana, TX 75503

kiyitec

Just think what we would have been talking about now if the alarm sounded off just as it came up for bid, and Brian ended up rescue'n A cat out of A tree.  Or maybe I should shut up until after my package arrives. . .  :innocentwhistle:  ~KT

edit for  *DOH thought you were talking auction.*
  Contact me for information on how to become one today, and see how easy it is to save money on guns & ammo.  List of references available upon request.

CypressSlough

I'll tell what I would have done. The cat would have waited.  :roflmao:   Actually that has happened so many times while we were there before, it's not even funny. 

Brian.
Brian Keahey
Texarkana, TX 75503

awh

If someone calls me to get a cat out of a tree....there's going to be a rifle involved. For the cat that is.... :innocentwhistle:
My views and opinions are based upon being banned from a place that has no morals or the common sense God gave to a pecker gnat. I also hate frogs and will reply to such at any given chance. Thank You.

CypressSlough

We keep a pellet gun at the station for just such incidents. :roflmao: :roflmao:

Brian.
Brian Keahey
Texarkana, TX 75503

awh

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:....I like the way ya think Brian.
My views and opinions are based upon being banned from a place that has no morals or the common sense God gave to a pecker gnat. I also hate frogs and will reply to such at any given chance. Thank You.

BasinBoy

have i ever told you guys how much i hate being broke :madd: :argh: :pout: :sad:

kiyitec

Quote from: CypressSlough on May 03, 2007, 03:24:16 PM
We keep a pellet gun at the station for just such incidents. :roflmao: :roflmao:
Brian.
UNLESS, of course, it's up in A buckeye tree, then you start in with the axe!   Wonder how far that cat would fly with A direct hit from the hose?  ~KT

Hawks Feather

It sure looks like you have the buy of the day and I am glad to hear you outsmarted that little old lady.   :eyebrownod:

Now about those treed cats.  Can you kill them with the pellet gun?  If not, try a .22 with CB longs in it.  That will get the job done.

Jerry

CypressSlough

Well it will knock a fireman in full gear on his butt in less than a second. It'd probably knock a cat to the next county.  :roflmao:

Jerry, it might not look good to the public if we went around shooting cats with 22's. Although it would make life a little easier. And yes, a pellet gun will kill a cat in a tree. That doesn't make you look too good to the public either.   :innocentwhistle:

Brian.

PS: Al your pm's are full.
Brian Keahey
Texarkana, TX 75503