• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Matched Set of Acrylic and How Not To Turn Acrylic

Started by CypressSlough, May 05, 2007, 07:28:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CypressSlough

I finally got a few finished up and a bunch of new ones started. Thought I would show ya how not to turn acrylic first. This one blew up in a split second. It's sucks to get this far and lose it.

This is how it looks when it goes right. Excuse the crappy pics. I didn't want to take the time to set up the photo tent.

Jim do you think the box these are in is gonna be ticking.  :roflmao: Thanks for giving us all a home on FnF and always making everyone feel welcome. I know you are partial to acrylic so here ya go. Hope you enjoy them.

Brian.
www.All-TerrainOutdoors.com
Brian Keahey
Texarkana, TX 75503

Brad H

Holy [BEEP] those are nice calls, Brian.

Do you put a signature on those anywhere?

Brad

kkbait

awh

My views and opinions are based upon being banned from a place that has no morals or the common sense God gave to a pecker gnat. I also hate frogs and will reply to such at any given chance. Thank You.

CCP

easterncoyotes.com

ccp@finsandfur.net

CypressSlough

Thanks guys. I think Jim will like them.

Brad, I sign and number all of my calls. Sometimes it's hard to see because of the color. It allows me to keep a log of all the calls I've ever made, who they went to and all the details about the call.

Forgot to add this style has been modified since the last group of calls I posted. These are smaller and the closed reed blows from the insert instead of the barrel. It also uses my new AGRESSIVE VORTEX AIR SYSTEM. :roflmao: :roflmao:
Sorry Al. I couldn't resist. :innocentwhistle:

Brian.
Brian Keahey
Texarkana, TX 75503

Bills Custom Calls

http://www.billscustomcalls.net

Home of the Triple Surface Pot Call

CCP

Jim changed his mailing address and doesn't want to give it out on the open forum. PM me and I will give you his new Alabama address. :biggrin:
easterncoyotes.com

ccp@finsandfur.net

FinsnFur

:shck: :shck: :shck: :shck: :shck: :shck: :shck: :shck: :shck: :shck: :shck: :shck: :shck: :shck: :shck: :shck: :shck: :shck: :shck: :shck: :shck: :shck: :shck: :shck: :shck: :shck: :shck: :shck: :shck: :shck: :shck: :shck: :shck: :shck: :shck: :shck: :shck: :shck:

NOoooooooo WAYYY

I gottta let this soak in....I have no idea what to say
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

CypressSlough

Jim you do alot for all of us here. Give us all a place to unwind. The best part is you don't charge us to do it. This is just a little thank you for all you do.

Brian.
Brian Keahey
Texarkana, TX 75503

Pilgrim

Nice calls Brian.   Just curious - What caused the one to blow apart?

Bob D

Brian,
That was  nice making those calls and giving them to Jim.
Bob

CypressSlough

Patrick, it's just the nature of acrylic when you get to thinking ahead of where you actually are at that moment. :madd:. A very slight catch is all it takes to ruin a piece of acrylic. Then you get to start over. It seems certain colors of acrylic are just prone to catching no matter what you do, but clear usually isn't one of them.

Brian.
Brian Keahey
Texarkana, TX 75503

iahntr

Scott

Hawks Feather

Brian,

You did an excellent job on the calls and I am sure that Jim, once he closes his mouth,  will be extremely happy to have them.

Jerry

keekee

Braz

Very nice. That is an interesting material to turn. It takes several blanks to make one item.  :rolleye:
Braz

BasinBoy

ya i like the look of that. its cool looking.

FinsnFur

I still dont know what to say Brian  :shrug:

If it they were anything but acrylic, this would be easy  :biggrin:

Let me start by saying that you.....or anyone here for that matter, surely doesn't owe me a thing.
The things that I have provided via this forum are so immaterial that it's really nothing. A simple nod of appreciation is more then enough...and believe it or not... that gets met when the post counts go up every day.

So to offer material things such as this, well it really tips the scales of the playing field. In other words, with total respect and in fairness to everybody, I think I am going to have to politely pass because as soon as I except this were all going to find ....oh for gods sake who am I trying to fool here :madd: I can't stand it no more. Bryan those things are awesome. I'm truly humbled

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com