• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

High country bears: success

Started by Okanagan, August 22, 2022, 09:55:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Okanagan

A couple of his friends from OK are visiting my grandson, Code, and they all backpacked up along the Canadian border looking for bears for the two OK boys.  Wish my old bod was up to going with them.  It's a Nastygunz kind of hunt.

A text yesterday afternoon said that one of the OK men has a bear down.  A couple of Code's younger brothers are up there with them and have bear tags also.  Brother Zay is kind of picky and won't shoot a small bear.

Huckleberries should be prime ripe in the more open country above timberline.  They camped on a  knoll in a big basin from which I've glassed many times and where you can see a bear a mile away in some directions.  Gonna text them on the satelite thing and say that if they bring me 6 cups of huckleberries I'll make a pie.

Added an hour later:  Just got a text that the bear hunters are coming down a day early, today, with 3 bears.  Lotta weight to pack but they have two non-hunting men along just to pack.  5 1/2 miles of switchback trail, all downhill on the way out.

Hawks Feather

Well if it is downhill it should be easy.  :innocentwhistle:  With my knees right now I don't think I could hike down from where they are much less carry any weight. Glad they have some help with the carry and tell them congrats of the bears.

nastygunz