• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Jim has it in for the old guys?

Started by Ladobe, May 23, 2007, 09:23:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ladobe

You know, the old guys who can't see very well anymore and have to run their computer on 800 by 600 pixels so they can read the screen without a magnifying glass.    So now its those damn scroll bars....  or only reading the first 75% of each line.    :rolleye:

Thanks Jim, ya snotnosed kid.    :readthis:

Larry

USN 1967-1971

Thou shalt keep thy religious beliefs to thyself please.  Meus

Bopeye

He did the same thing to me Larry. I went and bought a magnifying glass so I could up the pixel count....... :eyebrownod:

It helps me do other things too......... :nono:
Foxpro Staff Infection Free

FinsnFur

:laf: :laf: What are you guys on about?  I didn't change anything.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Ladobe

I've always been able to see the full index page, and read the full threads on FNF set at 800X600 without scrolling left to right.   The last couple of days I can only see the left approx. 75% and have to scroll right for the rest.    I didn't change anything on my computer or my dedicated server, and I don't have this problem anywhere else I visit, so its something that has changed on FNF.   Real pain to see the forums on the index page, but not be able to see if they have any new posts in them without scrolling over.   And reading a thread is even more fun now as I have to scroll back and forth to read every line - or scroll mid way so I can see the entire post, but not who posted it.   IOW, the forum appears to be set for something like 1024X768 now.    With my eyesight, I'm not changing my settings to 1024X768, so it just means I won't bother unless something really catches my eye.

:shrug: :shrug: :shrug:
USN 1967-1971

FinsnFur

Well...I do appologize Larry.

I cannot for the life of me think of anything that I may have changed lately other then the news board up near the header announcing the Showcase Makers, and the Fishing Tournement. 
Adding the Fishing Tournament to it was the only changes I have made.

There for I have completely removed it from the board.
Please tell me if this helped and makes navigation easier for you.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

FinsnFur

Actually...scratch that.
I really think we have to have that on and I can't revamp the entire place to suit 3 members with bad eyes and old computers when I got 356 other members running up to date machine and software.  :wink:

Now before you get offended...I assure you that's not my intent, but I think you'll notice that your list of buttons up in the menu Home - Search - Staff - Contact - Profile - Calendar - FnF Blooper Pics - FnF Links are all nice and tidy and spaced out and the blue-grey image bar they rest on is basically perfect. Correct.

I can smack er down so that the antiques dont have a scroll bar, and it will garble that menu bar up for you pretty good.
The rest of us wont see a change.
In other words...yes the site format was built around the standard 1024x768 so in order to accommodate...something will have to be sacrificed.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

Ladobe

Quote from: FinsnFur on May 23, 2007, 11:18:28 PM
Actually...scratch that.
I really think we have to have that on and I can't revamp the entire place to suit 3 members with bad eyes and old computers when I got 356 other members running up to date machine and software.  :wink:

Bad eyes for sure.   But old computers?   I assure you my computer network, dedicated server, software and Internet connection are all very powerful/fast and are kept state of art and up to date constantly (an advantage of having a kid in the business).   

Was just yanking your chain as a kid who still has his eyesight, but I don't expect you to cater to me Jim.   It's a big nuisance but I'm not going to run 1024X768 just for this board and squint to read, whether its the standard or not.   No loss to anyone, including me - I'll just pick and choose what to read.   

Let er ride... I never brought it up.    :noway:
USN 1967-1971

FinsnFur

You should have already seen a difference when you were making that post Larry
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

awh

All of you having trouble with using the scroll bars/screen size not fitting  try this....Push and hold the Ctrl button and then roll the scroll wheel on your mouse. It will change the viewing size of your screen.

And no Jim.....I'm still not a computer geek..... :innocentwhistle:
My views and opinions are based upon being banned from a place that has no morals or the common sense God gave to a pecker gnat. I also hate frogs and will reply to such at any given chance. Thank You.

studabaka

Dang awh...... that's slick. Never new that and I like it..... even old dogs learn a trick or two. Thanks!!  :bowingsmilie: :congrats:
"If your argument can only be made or expressed by putting someone else down, then it probably ain't worth spit." -- MicheGoodStone SA Pro Staff

Greenside

Well that's neat! Also changed the font on several more boards at the same time. Question: how  do I change it back, if need be.

Edit:  Got that one figured out. It zooms in or out.

Nelson

awh,

Thanks for the tip!  That sure makes viewing alot easier :yoyo: :congrats:  There's alot more about a computer that I don't know than I do know. :eyebrownod:

Nelson

KySongDog

Sometimes, when I have trouble reading the screen, I put on my glasses.  It helps a lot.   :eyebrow:   :innocentwhistle:

vvarmitr

Cool AWH. ;yes;

Try this out guys ... push "F11" on the very top keys. Then run your mouse to the top of the screen.  Cool Huh? To undo just push "F11" again.

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

studabaka

Sweet..... I like that one too.  :congrats: :highclap: :congrats:
"If your argument can only be made or expressed by putting someone else down, then it probably ain't worth spit." -- MicheGoodStone SA Pro Staff

awh

Quote from: FinsnFur on May 25, 2007, 07:39:37 AM
Computer geeks

What???? :shrug:   :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Hey Stu...Hit your shift key 5 times in a row.  :eyebrow:
My views and opinions are based upon being banned from a place that has no morals or the common sense God gave to a pecker gnat. I also hate frogs and will reply to such at any given chance. Thank You.

vvarmitr

Quote from: FinsnFur on May 25, 2007, 07:39:37 AM
Computer geeks

WHY I AIN'T NEVER BEEN SO INSULTED IN ALL MY LIFE!  :madd:  :argh:  :mad2:  :mad3: :sarcas3:

vvarmitr

Quote from: awh on May 25, 2007, 07:56:17 AMHey Stu...Hit your shift key 5 times in a row.  :eyebrow:

I don't understand? :confused:  

Where's a geek when ya need one! :rolleye:

awh

[/quote] 

Where's a geek when ya need one! :rolleye:
[/quote]

Hold on and I'll give out a yell for one............................YO JIMBO, YOU THERE?....... :laugh2: