• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

WTH!

Started by nastygunz, June 10, 2024, 02:20:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigben

Thursday I stopped over at my parents house and grabbed up the little double badger.  Plan was to drop that stock and see how the triggers worked and maybe work them a bit clean it up and resight in with another scope.  I was still a bit sick and figured work on triggers and remount scope.  when i opened it up i was surprised to see that there was still machining swarf in the trigger assembly as well as it being drier then a popcorn fart.  I didn't feel like breaking the whole assembly down so I broke out a small brush and got as much as I could out.  Re oiled and went out and sent a few downrange.  The pull was a little crisper but didn't feel much lighter.  Not feeling like chasing little springs and pins across the basement I put it back together and threw a 3-9x nikon I had laying around back on it.  I have not got to the range to resight in.  I would like to 3d print a shell holder for the .22 lr yet and I'm not sure how I am going to mount it.  And I thought about making a set of sights that are off the side of the pic rail that I might be able to swing on a animal and have open sights.  I had a set of 45 deg sights on a ar15 and it was pretty nice in theory but never needed to use in the heat of a hunt.  I think a shotgun would benefit from a set of open sights. 
"If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not". Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.

nastygunz

I use one of these on all my .22s and my 17 HMR. I put one on my double badger and it has the .22 rounds on one side and I picked the threads out on the other side and it fits .410 shells perfectly.

nastygunz

I slipped them on over the sling stud and then snip a little hole in it that goes over the sling stud and then put the sling back on and that holds it in place.

bigben

do you have a amazon link? 
"If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not". Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.

Hawks Feather

Nasty, Amazon stole your picture to use for their ad. I think they should send you a few for free to pay for their use of your pic.

FinsnFur

He's got a point Nasty. You paying attention here?? :readthis:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

bigben

Got the sleeve.  I pulled the stitching on one of the loops.  But the loop is pretty big to hold a .410 shell securely.  So I jammed a .410 in and a .22 shell for the initial loading.  If I got through that many shots shooting squirrel they can stay in the damn woods.  lol.  Thanks for the suggestion nasty.

nastygunz

Mines holds the .410 tight. I put the scope as close to the barrel as I could so hopefully when I sight the .22 in the .410 will be hitting fairly close to point of aim also. Kind of a purty lil gun.