• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Rabbit Hole, Rabbit Hole, Rabbit Hole

Started by Hawks Feather, July 29, 2024, 06:54:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawks Feather

As a couple of you know I have been being sucked further and further down the air gun rabbit hole. I have had a Crosman 1377 for several years and thought that it was about time to do some upgrades to it. Unfortunately, I found Alliance Hobby right here in Ohio. I thought that I might make a few changes and more and more keep getting added to my basket. Good thing is that I have had a 'part-time' job for the past several years that gives me 'want' money, not "need' but 'want'. Otherwise it would always be a stock 1377.

nastygunz

I have bought stuff from them before. The next thing you need is a Crosman 1322 😉. I just got done building a pellet trap so I can shoot my airguns indoors during the winter time instead of going outside and freezing to death. I bought a 17 gallon storage tote from Walmart, used a Dremel to cut the center of the lid out drilled a couple of holes and bolted a piece of cardboard over that and then stuck my bull's-eye target on the cardboard. Then on the bottom of the tote I put a piece of metal sheet and then on top of that three heavy rubber doormats to stop the pellets. A lot of people fill those totes up with that rubber landscaping mulch which also works very good but a little bit messier.

nastygunz

Shoulder stock makes a BIG difference in accuracy. This guy makes some really cool stuff.

https://buck-rail.com/

FinsnFur

Quote from: Hawks Feather on July 29, 2024, 06:54:09 PMUnfortunately, I found Alliance Hobby right here in Ohio.

:alscalls: Boyz need Toyz Jerry  :congrats:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Hawks Feather

I have an older 1322 that was worked by Jim Giles at The Crooked Barn many years ago. This was before anyone even thought much about upgrades to airguns. At the time I quickly learned not to say what I paid for a used rebuilt airgun that would cost about $25 new. The guy was (yes, he has passed) a master and the 1322 hits as hard today as it did the day I bought it. It is one of the old 'pull to cock' versions that I should check to see when it was actually made.

I have grips, pump arm, and modifier from Buck Rail and I do like what they make. My plan for the current 1377 is to have a free floating barrel which will make the modifier unusable.

Your shooting trap looks like a great way to shoot indoors. I have had a .22 steel trap for over 50 years. I have added the landscape mulch to the bottom which keeps the noise down to a minimum. I have never tried the shoulder stock, but with my age creeping up all the time, it might be a worthwhile accessory. I will look into one.

nastygunz

As I gently age like fine wine  :innocentwhistle: I have noticed when I use iron sights now I can see the front sight fine but the rear sight is blurry. My solution is scopes and red dots. On my air guns I like to use a two power pistol scope so I don't have to stretch my neck out like an ostrich with a regular scope.

Hawks Feather

Nasty,

Is that the standard 1399 Crosman stock?