• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

My beautiful shooting range

Started by Bopeye, June 24, 2007, 07:45:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bopeye

This shooting range is located on the Catoosa Wildlife Management area and is where I usually go to site in my gun.
It's exactly 100 yards from the shooting table to berm. If ya want to site in past 100 yards, ya gotta go somewhere else.
This place is well kept by the state and all the rednecks that shoot there are real good about picking up all their old brass and targets.  :doh2: Chet and I spent about 4 hours there yesterday sighting in my AR and his .222 and 22-250.

One good thing about the range is that it does have a good concrete bench to shoot from and Chet and I did police up all our brass and targets. We also found enough .223 brass laying around from others that we halfway filled a Walmart bag with it.  :wink:
We only fell a couple times from slipping on all the brass laying under our feet.  :nono:
Foxpro Staff Infection Free

coyotehunter_1

The unsupervised TWRA public range is free and open to everyone. Signs are posted asking everyone to clean up their brass and any mess they make. Garbage and spent brass was everywhere, signs were shot up.  Yep, it's a shame some of those "people" (notice I did not say sportsmen) that use the range do not seem to care. It looks bad for all of us. When it cools down enough for the ticks and chiggers to be gone Bop, his kids and I are planning to do a clean up.

Please visit our ol' buddies over at: http://www.easterncoyotes.com

Born and raised in the southern highlands of Appalachia, I'm just an ol' country boy who enjoys calling coyotes... nothing more, nothing less.

THO Game Calls

There's a place like that out near a pond I take the boys to fish.  It is only 50 yards though, and we basically shoot the black powder guns or the hand guns there for fun after fishing.

One day, the game warden came by because my then 9 year old had a Kentucky long rifle pointed down range and the gun was bigger than him.   He mentioned the mess that people leave and said he would have to close it down if they didn't clean it up.

Well, a few days later, we went and got a small U haul trailer and picked it all up.   During our clean up, the same warden came along.  He said that he didn't mean for us to do it, but was grateful that we were.   He asked me if we fished, and I said sure that was why we were there in the first place, to fish the pond at the end of the road.

He went back to his truck and came back with a piece of paper and asked if we minded trashing it for him while we were at it.

It was the next two weeks trout stocking report  :)

Al
THO Game Calls
www.thogamecalls.com

Become one of 'The Hunted Ones' with a THO Game Call
Handcrafted Collector Quality - Field Proven Results

DirtyDog

Quote from: coyotehunter_1 on June 24, 2007, 10:52:03 AM
The unsupervised TWRA public range is free and open to everyone. Signs are posted asking everyone to clean up their brass and any mess they make. Garbage and spent brass was everywhere, signs were shot up.  Yep, it's a shame some of those "people" (notice I did not say sportsmen) that use the range do not seem to care. It looks bad for all of us. When it cools down enough for the ticks and chiggers to be gone Bop, his kids and I are planning to do a clean up.

Hey Chet,

You and Bopeye give me a call, and I will gladly head that way to do my part.  :wink:

ND

Bopeye

Quote from: NewDog on June 24, 2007, 12:30:19 PM
Quote from: coyotehunter_1 on June 24, 2007, 10:52:03 AM

Hey Chet,

You and Bopeye give me a call, and I will gladly head that way to do my part.  :wink:

ND

That's a mighty fine offer ya made there Joe...........we will take ya up on it........ :eyebrow: :wink:

DirtyDog

I know how those ranges are. They had the same ones back in Ohio, and I used to complain about them there too. I would love to actually put my money where my mouth is and do something about it.

FinsnFur

Yeah give me directions there, I'll take part in the clean up duty also.

Fell on all the spent brass under your feet? Now there a pic worth a thousand words. You and Chet belly up at the range  :roflmao:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

DirtyDog

Ah C'mon now.....they was just looking for the coyote shapes in the clouds, thats all.  :innocentwhistle:

ErictheRed

With the prices of brass and copper lately, you would think it would be worth the time to gather up all the brass and sell it for scrap.

Will anyone buy brass cases?  Has anyone ever sold any?  If so, what kind of price will it bring?

THO Game Calls

Our culb had a hard time fnding anyone to buy it because of the primers.  We did find one guy to buy it though.  As I recall, he was not giving us the going rate for brass.  I don't remember all the details it was a year ago, but I know we do sell it and get some money for it.

Al
THO Game Calls
www.thogamecalls.com
Become one of 'The Hunted Ones' with a THO Game Call
Handcrafted Collector Quality - Field Proven Results

Bopeye

That's a good idea THO.........Thanks.  :yoyo:

Hear that Chet and Joe.....we might get a few bucks for our trouble.  :highclap:

BTW..........BITE ME JIMBO!!!!!! :laf:

DirtyDog

GC

One of our State Parks had a river access where you could park and fish, launch a boat, wade fish, ect...  The parking place was always trashed.  The Superintendant of the Park and I were discussing it one day and he blamed the fishermen.  I told him he should check the area after dark as it was a popular party spot for teens.  Most of the trash was alcohol containers left by kids partying.  I also mentioned he might consider putting a few trash barrels in the area as there were none at the time and people had no place to actually put any trash if/when they had it.  Park Rangers began to patrol the area late hours and the Super chain locked a couple of trash barrels at the ends of the lot.  The problem has nearly gone away.  I hate lazy slobs who litter... 
"Doing the right thing isn't always easy, but it's always RIGHT!"