• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

My first Show...

Started by Coulter, June 26, 2007, 06:25:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coulter

I had a great time at the 70th annual PA Trappers rendezvous and sold a few calls to boot. Here are a couople of pics from my first public display. It needs a lot of work, but I have some great ideas for the next show I do. I'll post some of the calls that I have left from the show in the store. Don't worry, the turkey calls were the big seller for some reason. I still have a great selection of predator calls to choose from. My total finish was 19 calls in 3 days and 5 orders for some that I didn't have on hand. I am pretty happy with that for the first show. Anyway, here are the pics of my setup...any constructive criticism is much appreciated :biggrin:

2 pc predator (descendants of Ugly Betty)

Some howlers...

Smaller 1 pc Predators...

And the turkey call area with a few crow on the end...

Steve

FinsnFur

descendants of Ugly Betty  :roflmao: :roflmao: I miss her already  :sad:

Looks like you had a heck of a pile of loot to display. Was the pics taken before or after? And what kinda beer is that?  :confused: get that thing tuned around next time so we can see.  :laf:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

DirtyDog

Quote from: FinsnFur on June 26, 2007, 06:28:35 PM
descendants of Ugly Betty  :roflmao: :roflmao: I miss her already  :sad:

Looks like you had a heck of a pile of loot to display. Was the pics taken before or after? And what kinda beer is that?  :confused: get that thing tuned around next time so we can see.  :laf:

AHHHHHH cmom Jim.......it sure looks like a Heiny to me.  :eyebrow:

Arkyyoter

Looks great to me!! GJ!!!!

Joe

Hawks Feather

Nice display and I am glad that you had a good show and sale.  Just getting your work out for others to see helps.

That isn't beer.  That is one of the new "all critter" calls.  (Saying that should work.  Withing a week there will be "all critter" calls being posted somewhere.)    :innocentwhistle:

Jerry

keekee

Nice looking set up! Glad you did well.

We will be up in Ohio at the state trappers meet in Sept with a booth and I will be doing a seminar on Friday eve. I'm looking forward to getting up there and meeting some of those guys and seeing what kind of interest a predator calling seminar draws for the trappers. Should be allot of fun!

Did you all have a good turn out?

Brent

Coulter

QuoteThat isn't beer.  That is one of the new "all critter" calls.  (Saying that should work.  Withing a week there will be "all critter" calls being posted somewhere.)
:laf: :laf:

Nope...no Heiny's on that table. I managed to have a few of those left over too...here ya go  - a nice frosty Moosehead....mmmm Good :biggrin: :biggrin:

Now I can tell my wife that Jim is driving me to drink - you're a bad influence man :biggrin: :biggrin:

Steve

Coulter

Brent,

Our attendance this year was down a bit, we had approximately 1,800 through the gate. Dave Dunbar from Critter Busters did a calling demo on Saturday, I didn't get to see it or talk to him afterwards, so I'm not sure how it went. I did drop you name to a few people regarding your video. Hopefully they check out your website and shoot you an order or two.

Steve

keekee

Hate to hear that the attendance was down, wonder if that was due to it being summer time? I will give Dave a call and see how it went for him there.

Thanks for the referrals! Its much appreciated!

Brent

FinsnFur

Dont tell her I drove you to drinkin THAT stuff.  :puke:
Did you smuggle that in from somewhere, or I mean does the FDA know someone is still bottling that stuff and passing it as beer?  :wink:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Jimmie in Ky

You did the right thing working it with two people but I would cut it down to one table.  I know it will look more cluttered but it will be easier to keep an eye on that way.It's also easier to make eye contact with all the potential cusomers watching you demo calls.  And yes you will sell more turkey calls for some reason even at fall meets so be prepared for that if you do another this fall .

Keekee. You will enjoy the show and will have a fair amount of interest in sept. Bad thing is your seminar  will be on friday night. Too many will be taking care of Momma first so they can spend on saturday  :wink: Prepare an outline and stick to it. Let them know they can ask questions at the end of it. And believe me they will ask more than you can handle  :eyebrownod: If the seminar were on saturday you could expect around 200 , maybe more, to sit in. If you have a way of running that video do it. And have plenty of calls on hand.  They will even pull calls out of their pockets and ask you how they should work. So have at least one open reed howler in your pocket for demo purposes. Oh, and let them know that the way you blow a call is just your style, your not having a heart attack  :laf: Jimmie

keekee

I am working on a slide show now to go with my different seminars. Bad thing is I haft to shell out 500.00 for a projector to hook to my laptop! I have been speaking or doing seminars for several year, done more on Turkeys than anything. And I have done a ton of sport shows, dating back to the turkey call business days. I'm use to dealing with the public in sport shows. I have seen some wild things come out of someones pocket! JD got a good idea of how things go in Columbus last fall at the deer and turkey expo. We plan on doing several shows this year. And are looking into a good fold up booth with big flat screens to go with it, and do away with the small TV/DVD players we are using now. Bad part is it cost big bucks!

I got Power point presentations worked up for several topic now, just need to finish them up before Sept.

Good thing is, it will be a good investment. I am starting to get calls on speaking appearances from Ohio, PA, AL, and even AZ. Bad thing is I haft to take time off work to do them.

Brent

DirtyDog

Quote from: keekee on June 27, 2007, 07:26:34 AM
I am working on a slide show now to go with my different seminars. Bad thing is I haft to shell out 500.00 for a projector to hook to my laptop!

Brent,

I bet if you don't have the money to dish out now, you could probably rent or lease one from somewhere.

ND

Jimmie in Ky

If it were me I would have a folding panel setup with one of those wipe off marker boards built in it for show and tell.  Easy to keep clean and portable.  That is what they have been doing slide show and movie presentations at th college on. Not real expensive either.One side could have pegboard in it for dispaly purposes. Of course if you are working a big room then a white wall would come in handy. I had completely forgot about your turkey call bussiness and the competitions.

My friend I do these with has been at it for years as well. He keeps a novelty call he built in his pocket. The tiniest slate call you have ever seen and the blasted thing sounds beautiful. So no matter what they come out with he can top them  :eyebrownod: Jimmie

ohiobob

Quote from: FinsnFur on June 26, 2007, 10:59:36 PM
Dont tell her I drove you to drinkin THAT stuff.  :puke:
Did you smuggle that in from somewhere, or I mean does the FDA know someone is still bottling that stuff and passing it as beer?  :wink:

Jim
What do you expect for Christ sake,,after all it could be a Canadian Beer called "Red Frog"  :puke: :puke: :puke: I would rather hear the word Moosehead than Red Noodle

And KeeKee
Where is the Ohio Trappers convention held ??? Columbus ???
and Coulter,,you have some NICE CALLS right there on that table !!!  :highclap: Hmmm I dont have a Crow call yet :wo:
Thank you
Bob
You don't shoot to kill; you shoot to stay alive.

A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone!!!

Bushmaster Predator .223,,4x14 Burris

Parke-Hale .22-.250 6x24 Tasco

Red Fag is a "Ruling Queen" Then ???

Coulter

Thanks Bob..I have a couple of crow calls left...what's yer pleasure?

Brent, I just might have to come down to the OSTA convention. The last one I went to was in Coshocton. Man that place stinks :puke:
Maybe I can pick up my howler from you there :eyebrow: :biggrin:

keekee

Well, I would like to see you come down! Looks like we may camp up there. We will have a camp fire, and some cold beer for sure! And the conversation will be predators I am sure! :shck:

If you want to come down drop me a line we can set up camp together, or get a couple booth side by side! Hell, we might be able to get Bill in there some were! He says he is coming down as well! :sneer:

And I am sure I can have that howler done by then! :biggrin:

Brent

Hawks Feather

Brent,

When and where is the convention this year?  I haven't been to one for several years and it the calendar is open may try to make it.

Jerry

keekee

Hell ya Hawk come on down!

Sept 7th, 8th, and 9th.

Tuscarawas county fair grounds, Dover Ohio

Contact Mark Basinger @ 330.828.0863

We can have a heck of a camp fire!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eyebrownod:

Brent

Hawks Feather

Sounds like a good time to set up a Fins and Fur member meeting.  Now all we need is a sponsor to cover the refreshments!  Hey Jim, you are invited.   :biggrin:

Jerry