• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Snuck some time in...

Started by Purgatory_Predator_Calls, June 28, 2007, 04:38:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Purgatory_Predator_Calls

Hey fellers.....

Been missing this place lately.....

Between some BIG changes at work, vacation, fishing, and trying to sight in the new rifle :eyebrow:  this place has been pretty scarse for me. 

Well things are starting to level off at work :whew: , vacation's over  :doh2: , all the fish have been thrown back (well most of them)  And the rifle's startin to shoot straight.  Figured I'd share a few picures of what keept me so occupied lately. 

This was taken while on vacation last week.  It's Crystal Lake elevation somewhere in the high 12,000 feet range.
On the left my father in law, wife, and ole Yoey.  Great place but fishin wasen't worth a darn.

North Clear Creek.  Wife made me test it out before she would cross it.  It's brobably 18-20" deep and moving pretty good in the middle.

Speakin of ma little sugar britches here she is guttin a little rainbow she ate for dinner that night.  I know, I know, she's my little sweet heart and I know I'm the luckiest man in the entire world. 

Oh yeah and you'll notice she is guttin with the knife I made. 

The finish on that knife would not have been possible had it not been for Mr. THO himself, Al Woodard.  Thank kindly sir!

Here's a few calls that are about to go out the door. 

And finally the new gun.  Rock River Arms, .223

Well that wraps things up for my past few weeks.  Well except for the work thing.  But I'll save that for another thread.  Take it easy everyone, and I look forward to just being around.

Yoey Gacnik

When you feel like you can't take another step, ALWAYS take one more!

Bygog!

www.purgatorypredatorcalls.com
CPCMCA www.custompredatorcallassociation.com

DirtyDog

Yoey,

Glad you made it back. Vacation looked like a good time, glad you had some well deserved time off.Boy let me just tell you that knife......wow.....and that gun.....dang.  :sneer:

ND

KySongDog

Great pics, Joey!   I'm going to get out West one of these days......... the scenery is beautiful!   :highclap:

And by the way, you are a very lucky man!   :yoyo:

Hawks Feather

Yoey,

I was beginning to wonder what had happened to you and now I know.  The pictures sure look good - especially the one with the fish and knife in it.   :biggrin:   As always, your calls look excellent.  I am a little concerned about the underpowered scope that you have on your rifle.  (Actually I like higher power variable scopes for my groundhog guns.)  Glad you had a good time and are all rested up.

Yerry

awh

Great thread Joey. I would love to tkae vaction at a place like that verses the dang beach everytime. Love the knife & RRA.  :yoyo:
My views and opinions are based upon being banned from a place that has no morals or the common sense God gave to a pecker gnat. I also hate frogs and will reply to such at any given chance. Thank You.

keekee

Yep me to Hawk! I was digging out the phone numbers to see if he was alive...lol :sad:

Looks like a good time there for sure and you are in deed a lucky man!!!!! :biggrin:

As soon as you get free I need to add one of them calls to my collection! :eyebrownod:

Brent

bowjunkie

nice vacation "crystal lake is awesome " fishing sucked when I was there last as well  :biggrin:  glad to see ya back here

Arkyyoter

Glad to see ya back Yoey!!

Yoe

iahntr

Thanks for sharin the pics. Very cool all the way around!!
Scott

Bob D

Hey Yoey,
I especially liked the snow. Cause its 99 degrees here. Bet that cool weather was nice? That knife you made looks very nice. Tell us more about it and if you plan on making any others?
Bob

Bills Custom Calls

http://www.billscustomcalls.net

Home of the Triple Surface Pot Call

FinsnFur

Welcome home. :wink:

Man that is shore some beautiful country you got out there. Who taught sugar britches how to clean fish  :wink: I know she didnt come that way.  :biggrin:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Coulter

Dang Yoey...good lookin' and she cleans fish - Wow! :shck: Does she skin yotes for ya too :wo:

Steve

Purgatory_Predator_Calls

Yerry,  I haven't killed anything with it yet but am hoping that I can really reachout with that scope combo.

Bob, The snow was nice.  Temps were mid 20's when we woke up and mid 50's during the day.  Beats the heck out of the mid 90's they were getting back home while we were gone.  And for the knife, it's got crotch cut claro walnut for handles.  The pics don't really do it justice.  I'm gonna make exactly 5 more then never again.  One for me that I won't be scared to use, one for my dad, brother, best friend, and father in law.  That's it, i'm not really fond of making knifes :madd:.  Besides the price i would have to charge to make them worth my time would be rediculious :doh2:.  Glad you like it though. 

Yim, your right she wasen't always perfect. LOL I had to teach her how to gut and skin.  Look out now though, she's sharp!  :wink: 

Steve, She'll have a yote plum skinned in just under 30 mins. 

Anyhow, It's good to be back.  Now I just have to try and keep my sanity through July and by god things will be great!! 

Yoey

When you feel like you can't take another step, ALWAYS take one more!

Bygog!

www.purgatorypredatorcalls.com
CPCMCA www.custompredatorcallassociation.com

Todd Rahm

Hey looks like ya had a blast in the high country, and the calls are awesome as expected from ya.  :congrats: :congrats: