• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Shooter - the movie

Started by Hawks Feather, July 07, 2007, 03:22:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawks Feather

I just remembered that I wanted to say that Shooter is on for rent.  I got it the other night and really liked it.  I won't say much more than that about it since I would hate to spoil it for you.

Jerry

browning204

I have been hearing that it is a good movie. Good use of weapons and real life tactics. I will look for it from on-demand.
FOXPRO, THE TRUE LEADER IN IMITATION!!!

Obamerica      GOD HELP US!

CypressSlough

Shooter is an awesome movie. Just wish I could shoot half that good.  :yoyo:

Brian.
www.All-TerrainOutdoors.com
Brian Keahey
Texarkana, TX 75503

DirtyDog

I saw that one the other day...I loved it. Yesterday I went and saw Live Free and Die Hard. That was awsome. However, even better (in my opinion), was Transformers. I went and saw that one today. It was sweet.  :yoyo:

FinsnFur

Well it worked, ya got me syked up about it and had to see it.

Were constantly renting movies on the weekends and it's to the point where I usually quit watchin less then half way through a movie because I see something that is so far fetched that I lose all interest.

Then the kids get up the next day and want to watch them again after breakfast. I'm like what are you bored out of your minds :confused:

BUT THIS MOVIE is definitely a two thumbs up.  :thumb2: Awesome movie. It had my full attention and had me thinking the whole way through. Excellent story. I even found myself talking to the characters while I was watching it  :laf:

It makes me wonder how much of that crap actually happens that a normal civilian never sees or hears.
It gets my vote for movie of the year so far. I might have to watch it again in the morning  :innocentwhistle: :eyebrownod:

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

THO Game Calls

The best part of that whole movie for me was the FBI agent.  A bit of a wise guy, but he told it like we would all like to tell it LOL.

The line, "Maybe I should wait till the report comes out, read it, and then remeber what happened" was a classic.

As for the combat scenes - Hollywood hype but fun anyway,

He sure did recover fast from all those wounds didn't he?

On the other hand, I have no doubt this is how our government actually works.   

Good movie all in all. 

Al
THO Game Calls
www.thogamecalls.com
The Custom Call Makers Supply Store
Become one of 'The Hunted Ones' with a THO Game Call
Handcrafted Collector Quality - Field Proven Results

weedwalker

I saw it yesterday. It's the best movie I've seen in a long time. :yoyo: Some good shooting.

KySongDog

Not trying to hijack the thread but has anyone seen  Harsh Times  with Christian Bale?  I thought this was another excellent movie.  It showcased some of the problems our returning vets may face.  I know some guys that aren't too far from the Christian Bale character.  They can be scary at times. 

Semp

Bopeye

Quote from: FinsnFur on July 14, 2007, 12:16:43 AM
I even found myself talking to the characters while I was watching it  :laf:

Don't worry 'bout that Jimbo. It's fairly common. I catch my five year old talking to the t.v. all the time....... :eyebrownod:
Foxpro Staff Infection Free

Hawks Feather

Quote from: Bopeye on July 14, 2007, 07:33:44 AM

Don't worry 'bout that Jimbo. It's fairly common. I catch my five year old talking to the t.v. all the time....... :eyebrownod:

Jim,
I think Bop just said that he loves you like his son.

Jerry

Jeb

Quote from: FinsnFur on July 14, 2007, 12:16:43 AM

BUT THIS MOVIE is definitely a two thumbs up.  :thumb2: Awesome movie. It had my full attention and had me thinking the whole way through. Excellent story. I even found myself talking to the characters while I was watching it  :laf:

Was very entertaining movie to me but just wait til August 29th and see the movie  " 300 " !!
           Jeb

CrossJ

If you all enjoyed the movie, I would highly recommend the book 'Point of Impact'. I thought the movie was good, but as usual it fell way short of the book. All of Stephen Hunters books are good. Maintain

Rich

I went up to Hollywood video and rented "shooter". Wife and I will watch it tonite. If it ain't any good we will blame Hawks Feather.  :innocentwhistle:
Foxpro Field staff
--------------------------------------

ohiobob

I watched maybe a 1/4 of it for FREE,,right here on my Computer,,the 1/4 I saw was pretty good,,the ONLY thing I DIDNT like was the foreign language sub text on the bottom,,but for FREE,,I just ignored the sub text
I seen it up to when an Dark Suburban (Present in EVERY Movie) pulled up to his Cabin and the Dog growled (Present in every Movie)  :laf: and then I had things I HAD TO DO !!! I might finish watching it tonight
Bob
You don't shoot to kill; you shoot to stay alive.

A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone!!!

Bushmaster Predator .223,,4x14 Burris

Parke-Hale .22-.250 6x24 Tasco

Red Fag is a "Ruling Queen" Then ???

Hawks Feather

Rich,

If you don't like it let me know, along with how much the rental was, and I will cover your rental.    :biggrin:  And no, I am not making this offer to EVERYONE.

Jerry

NASA

With all my slack time, I've been catching up on all the movies I've missed.  Shooter was definitely one of the better ones, so far.  I'm still a little confused about how he got out of that mess, though.  All the contrived evidence against him would have taken an army of lawyers to get him out of that situation.

George Ackley

I saw it also and thought it was good,,

just I side note
when the cop shoots him and he takes the FBI's car and heads east on front street that's 2 blocks from my home , when he first takes it the next seen is a cop car coming up a street, if you look down the street that the cop is coming up i live right there 2 blocks

many Moves are made on my block.has a lot to do with the historic homes in the area

funny story,
a couple years ago they were filming out side my home and Cuba Gooding Jr. was sitting on my step as a came home one day, I said hello and played it off as I didn't know just who he was , then I sad I know you!! your the guy from coming to America.

the funny part was that he had a 60 secant part in that move 20 years ago and almost nobody knows he was in it. he has made major movies since..  the look on his face was priceless   :roflmao:
Lift Your Truck, Fat Girls Cant Jump

FinsnFur

So that was you out there barbque'ing  :eyebrownod:
I seen that. Looks like the fire got a little out of control George  :shrug:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Rich

I watched the movie. There was some good footage of sniper type shooting, but I failed to understand why they went after this guy the way they did. I must have missed something. If they just wanted this shooter dead, why not shoot him on first trip up to the remote cabin in the mountains?
Foxpro Field staff
--------------------------------------

NASA

Rich, it was all a set-up. The sniper was to be the scape-goat.  They planned to blame the assination on him.  The city cop was to be the "hero" for walking in and supposidly "catching him in the act" and killing him.  When the plan fell thru, the Feds had to eliminate the cop as he could blow their scheme.