• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

How was your Friday the 13th?

Started by vvarmitr, July 14, 2007, 01:16:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vvarmitr

Don't get me wrong. I'm not a superstitious man, but after what I went through yesterday. :sick2:

I've had kidney stones several times some were bad & some were killers. The bad ones I was able to pass at home by concentrating on relaxing. However, last night there was no relaxing. I actually thought about putting me outta my misery. :rolleye: Probably miss though. :nono:  Finally at 1:am I gave up & went to ER. Even though Coyote Kate was driving carefully, it felt to me like we were in a Baja race! :sad2:  Then came the 6hr wait at the ER desk. It was more like 10min, but w/ kidney stones time takes on its own perspective. When signing in, at the last moment, I squiggled a line for my signature & dashed for the john. :puke: Thank God for dry-heaves! :biggrin: Oh yes, I mean that! ;yes; Anything to get your mind off the pain. :whew:  Shortly I was on a gurney w/ needles being stuck in my hand so that I might receive that Holy serum called "Pain Killer" :eyebrow:  After a while when I could finally lay still they took a couple X-rays. They said they couldn't really see anything, that it wasn't to clear. CK said it was probably because I'm so full of crap. :shck:  Can you believe that?  :noway: I'm on what feels like my death bed & her & the Doctor are making cracks about me! :pout:
Around 4:am I'm not feeling much pain. We talk to the Doc. again & head home. Then t'ismorning I whizz in this filter thingie & guess what I found ... yeap, the kidney stone. :yahoo:

Sure hope your Friday the 13th went better! :wink:

Bills Custom Calls

Well I am not sure if mine went much better driving down from Akron on a 4 lane Highway traffic comes to a complete stop.I can see an accident up the road about a 1/2 mile a semi and a car the car pulled out in front of the semi it wasn't pretty.Think the worst yes the person driving the car lost.

As I was slowing down for this accident another 1 happened right beside me  :shck: I took cover,plastic was bouncing off my truck and I was looking for a place to go. Those folks were alright
Although I wasn't hurt it is just the thought of seeing this stuff can make a guys day go from bad to real bad

Don't know if I topped your story or not VV but sounds like it was rough all the way around so far
http://www.billscustomcalls.net

Home of the Triple Surface Pot Call

HaMeR

Glad you're feeling better VV!! :biggrin:

Glad you were in the other lane Bill!! :biggrin:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

ohiobob

My Friday the 13th went great because I didnt leave the House AND I had My hat made from Tin Foil on the WHOLE DAY so No Aliens or the Government couldnt read my mind OR put BAD thoughts in my head  :biggrin:
BUT I DID get a ton of stuff done in my Reloading room
Bob
You don't shoot to kill; you shoot to stay alive.

A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone!!!

Bushmaster Predator .223,,4x14 Burris

Parke-Hale .22-.250 6x24 Tasco

Red Fag is a "Ruling Queen" Then ???

Hawks Feather

V.V.

You win for having the worst day.  I have only had one stone and I NEVER want another.     :pout:

Jerry

ohiobob

I was getting sick Thursday evening and then I got severe pain in my right Kidney,,I feel GREAT today,,my wife said it might be a stone because her dad got them ALL the time ?  :wo: :wo:
well at least I feel better today,,so good that I think I will go out and "knock" the dust off of the 22-250 and go look for
a Sun bathing Whistle pig and "CURE" his kidney stone  :biggrin:
Bob
You don't shoot to kill; you shoot to stay alive.

A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone!!!

Bushmaster Predator .223,,4x14 Burris

Parke-Hale .22-.250 6x24 Tasco

Red Fag is a "Ruling Queen" Then ???

FinsnFur

:nono: man you guys. LOL

I went an applied for a different job and they called me for an interview while I was driving back home from applying. :laf: I never did buy the superstition of the 13th.

Glad things came out alright VV.
Bill they say more accidents are caused by gawkers then people realize
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

NASA

Thank God I've never had kidney stones, because it sure sounds painful.  Is it as delightful as a Foley catheterization?   :shck:

Hawks Feather

NASA,

I hate to tell you this but the Foley catheterization is pretty mild compared to the kidnet stone.  My attack started and within an hour I was at the hospital with the worst pain I have ever had.  It took several doses of pain killer to get me to where I could unwind from the ball I was twisted in to.  I spent the night in the hospital and felt fine the next morning, so they sent me home with some funnels.  The stones are somewhat like burrs and tend to catch and cause pain.  In a coupe of days it came to pass, which was another "treat".  But not nearly as bad as when the "attack" hit.

Jerry

NASA

Mild?  It brought tears to my eyes going in and coming out.  It felt like they tied a knot in the middle of that tube.  What causes kidney stones?

Bills Custom Calls

I have been told that kidney stones is a calcium buildup from dairy products  :shrug: I am no Doctor just passing on information
http://www.billscustomcalls.net

Home of the Triple Surface Pot Call

Hawks Feather

NASA,

It can be caused by several things.  Mine was calcium - they took the stone and analysed it.  The doctor suggested that I cut back on my intake of calcium, I said that I didn't drink much milk and he asked about ice cream.  I now only have one bowl at a sitting.  The tube was a pain, but like I said nothing compared to that stone.

Jerry

FinsnFur

I thought it was from not chewing potato chips well enough  :confused:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

KySongDog

Every kidney stone story I ever heard was a horror story.  Glad ya came through it VV.   Hope I never have to experience it firsthand.   

Bopeye

That's bad VV.  :shck:

I had a horrible 13th.

Went to work.......we had a huge feast at lunch for a co-worker. Got off work and took my honey to the Red Lobster and stuffed myself again........ :eyebrownod:
After that we shipped the kids to their grandparents and spent a "quiet" evening together......  :whew:

So did I beat VV's story?  :innocentwhistle:
Foxpro Staff Infection Free

Hawks Feather

Bop,

That is just terrible.  It probably even got worse when you got "unlucky" during the quiet evening.   :biggrin:   That seems like what would have happened after the day you had.

Jerry

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

Silencer

Kidney stones are terrible !!!  A coworker gets them at least once a year.  He claims they're worse than child birth, really fires up the ladies at work.

Worst thing I guess that happened to me I almost hit a fawn on the way in to work.  Did one of them suicidal crossings, back and forth twice. 
I'm not superstitious either, bad luck only happens if you believe in it  :wink:

Bopeye

Quote from: Hawks Feather on July 14, 2007, 10:25:49 PM
Bop,

That is just terrible.  It probably even got worse when you got "unlucky" during the quiet evening.   :biggrin:   That seems like what would have happened after the day you had.

Jerry

:laf: :eyebrownod:
Now Yerry, you know a gentleman will never kiss and tell...  :sneer:
I'll leave the "rest of the story" up to you guys............ :wink:
Foxpro Staff Infection Free

HaMeR

:rolleye:  Not the "gentleman" card!!!!

:laf: :laf:  Just funnin with ya Bop!! :biggrin:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11