• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Talk about a FOX!!!!

Started by Bopeye, July 15, 2007, 07:07:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bopeye

I have been buildiing a dock for my parents the last two Saturdays. It has been a pain in the butt as I don't enjoy lifting 12' 6x6's anymore, but what the heck........it's for the folks.
Anyway, last Saturday we had a fox come out of the woods and set about 50 yards away and watch us. That was pretty cool.
Last night the little feller showed up in the yard. I decided to see how close I could get to him. I walked within 5 feet of him.
He ran back a little ways, but then came back to me and let me take some pictures of him.
After I messed with him a little while, he decided we were okay and started walking around in amongst my parents, my wife, my daughter and me.

These pix are from a cell phone, but you get the idea. I even filmed him from the camera and as soon as I figure out how to upload it, I will add it here.

Foxpro Staff Infection Free

studabaka

Almost makes ya think it was a captive one that someone raised and then released. Unusual behavior. Ya'll be careful of rabbies.
"If your argument can only be made or expressed by putting someone else down, then it probably ain't worth spit." -- MicheGoodStone SA Pro Staff

Hawks Feather

Looks like their might be some "new blood" in the Mountain Cur line before long.  That fox thinks he is your pet and sure seems tame for a wild one.   He wasn't foaming around his mouth was he?

Jerry

Bopeye

Didn't seem sick at all. He was actually quite placid like a family pet..... :biggrin:
I told my daughter not to get too close just because you never know.
I called Chet (Coyotehunter_1) after I took some pictures and was telling him that I was standing about 5 feet from a fox.
He went on to tell me about something similar that happened to him once.

It was a wonderful experience. I liked interacting with this little fella. It was funny, every time I lip squeeked he would look around for that mouse.......... :laf:

HaMeR

Cool pics & story Bop!!

Might just be a fox that has been in that area & has had only "good" experiences with people. Mighta been lookin for a hand out. :shrug:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

Bopeye

No handouts from this bunch. I told all of them that if they started feeding him, then we might develop a problem.

I then went on to tell them that if he became a problem I would be forced to blow his guts all over the driveway.

I think they got the picture.  :eyebrownod:

My dad walked over to me a little later and asked, "Could you really shoot that little guy without feeling anything"?
I then replied, "There's no way I could do it without feeling anything. All of my guns have a felt recoil when I pull the trigger".

He just looked at me like I was nuts.  :laf:

browning204

FOXPRO, THE TRUE LEADER IN IMITATION!!!

Obamerica      GOD HELP US!

Silencer

Yea yea yea !!! Way cool Bopeye, good catch man

FinsnFur

Quote from: Hawks Feather on July 15, 2007, 07:18:22 AM

Looks like their might be some "new blood" in the Mountain Cur line before long.

Jerry

LOL!  :roflmao:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

keekee

Thats just plain cool!  :yoyo:

Brent

DirtyDog

Quote from: Bopeye on July 15, 2007, 07:40:06 AM
My dad walked over to me a little later and asked, "Could you really shoot that little guy without feeling anything"?
I then replied, "There's no way I could do it without feeling anything. All of my guns have a felt recoil when I pull the trigger".

:roflmao:  :roflmao:  :roflmao:

Jeb

Cool pics Bop and the Video is great !! :yoyo:
               Jeb

canine

That is cool Bop.. Unusual but neat none the less. Just watch the kids with food in there hands, those 2 I raised were quick to snatch it from the kids. Enjoy him as much as you can cause it don't happen all that often.

JD

vvarmitr

Quote from: Jeb on July 15, 2007, 10:42:51 AM
Cool pics Bop and the Video is great !! :yoyo:
               Jeb

Video? What video?

I'll just bet that fox has heard about Bop's reputation as a hard core coyote hunter. He knows that if any coyote was to come after him w/ Bop around would be taking his life into his own hands.

I can just see it now. :wo: Bop's working on the dock w/ the fox 5' away when a coyote springs from the cover to rid his territory of another rodent muncher. Bop from the corner of his eye catches what is happening & leaps into the air simultaneously pulling out a tando pointed, Cold Steel, military battle knife. The coyote makes the mistake of thinking its just an eclipse then Bop lands on him. There for the moment is the flash of teeth & steel! Then a there's ki-yi sound that could only be bested by V.V.(That's for you Rich :eyebrownod: )
When Bop is finished w/ his knife he grunts & gets up. There lays a dog so cut up it looks likes it's ready for an Asian wok. Bop strolls to the water's edge, cleans the blood from his knife, & w/o looking slips it back into its sheath.
As Bop continues on the the dock he thinks to himself. "That's what any FnF Life Member would do & man, all that sure made me hungry."

CCP

COOL pics and story Bopeye cant wait to see the video clip. :yoyo: :yoyo: :highclap: :yoyo: :yoyo:
easterncoyotes.com

ccp@finsandfur.net

Carolina Coyote

Well done Bopeye, I like the resolution to your Dad and vv retintion of what could have happen.cc

Bopeye

It looks horrible coming from a cell phone cam, but you get the idea..... :rolleye:
It looks a lot better on the phone...... :madd:

I'm still trying...... :argh:

awh

Bop, It's natures way of saying they ain't no yotes around here :biggrin:

That is so cool. I'd have to get all the calls out and play since there is a live critter to tell you how ya sound.  :wink:  And I loved the "feel anything" statement.... :roflmao:
My views and opinions are based upon being banned from a place that has no morals or the common sense God gave to a pecker gnat. I also hate frogs and will reply to such at any given chance. Thank You.

kiyitec

Anyone think by tomorrow we'll see A post by Bop that looks like this:

Well guys, I am in the hospital.  I had A few  beers while working at the folks' place, so then I had to pee so I just walked over to the tree line and let'er rip.  Got done and shook it A couple times for good measure. . .Next thing I know there was A fox dangling off my pickle.  The only thing I could think of before I blacked out was  "that's not what A fur coat is supposed to look like?!"

Hey Bop, you'd better watch out for your chickens,                                                                                           cause them FOX will get your hens and your     _____!
"DESIGNATED SITUATIONAL CALLER"
  Contact me for information on how to become one today, and see how easy it is to save money on guns & ammo.  List of references available upon request.

awh

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
My views and opinions are based upon being banned from a place that has no morals or the common sense God gave to a pecker gnat. I also hate frogs and will reply to such at any given chance. Thank You.