• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

A few more headed out!

Started by keekee, July 23, 2007, 09:05:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

keekee

I got 6 more howlers done this weekend. This is three that are headed out in the mail. Thought I would share a picture or two with you guys!

The first one is a new copper color serving I just got in. This is the first one I have done with it. I kind of like it, gives a new color to the horn.

The next one is a black standard howler with Silver serving. But this horn had some nice curve to it. I dont get many short horns with this much curve.

The last one is a standard yellow or gold howler with gold serving. The picture didnt turn out like I wanted, but this one sounded awesome for some reason. This is the first time I put a horn in the photo tent with anything. A learning curve for sure. These pictures give me fits!

A couple of these are headed South one way south and one headed up north. Im sure they are going to good homes!

Brent

Jeb

Very nice !  :congrats: Need to order me another , but would need lessons too . LOL :roflmao:
                      Jeb

DirtyDog

Man those things are sweet......

Hawks Feather

Brent,

They do look great and I think I line the copper best, no the silver, maybe the gold.  Heck, I like them all.

Speaking of lessons.  How about you bring one of these and some of the diaphragm calls to the FnF Trappers Reunion and you can start to teach me, and several others, the finer points?

Jerry

keekee

Jeb,

Lessons are free!  :roflmao:

Newdog,

Thanks! I'm getting closer to your order.

Brent

keekee

Missed your post Jerry, we posted at the same time.  :roflmao:

I never leave home or any were with out the howler! I will have some diaphragms with me as well. I look forward to seeing all you guys! The camp fires should be good! :eyebrownod: And thanks for the kind words!

Brent

iahntr

Good lookin howlers Brent. All the color combos look good.  :thumb2:
Scott

bowjunkie

man I need on yer list  :biggrin: those are flippin awwesome

awh

Beautiful work Brent. I too need to get on the list, but me & Lil-man have never used a howler. So I need to learn 1st :confused:
My views and opinions are based upon being banned from a place that has no morals or the common sense God gave to a pecker gnat. I also hate frogs and will reply to such at any given chance. Thank You.

CypressSlough

Those are great looking howlers Brent.

Brian.
www.All-TerrainOutdoors.com
Brian Keahey
Texarkana, TX 75503

Lonehowl

FinsnFur

Just dont let Brent demonstrate on your OWN howler.
I made that mistake down in Globe one year, slobber all over hell on the damn thing. Folks are slipping in the slop.
I wiped it off best I could tried to do what he did and I've had a speech impediment ever since.  :rolleye:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Nelson

Those are some beautiful looking howlers!!!!!!!!             :yoyo:        :highclap:         :congrats:

I'm about as far South as you can get without getting wet, so my hopes are up!!    :eyebrownod:

Nelson

HaMeR

Good lookin howlers as usual Brent. :congrats: :congrats:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

Bills Custom Calls

Brent you didn't say how far north I am sure I could intercept it if I knew if I need to go a little East or West :laf:

That right there is some darn nice work  :yoyo: :congrats:
http://www.billscustomcalls.net

Home of the Triple Surface Pot Call

Red Dog

Beauty's !!!! Lookinh forward to mine in Sept. :yoyo:

ohiobob

Brent
That winding you put on the top,,is it a Thick Thread or a Thin Thread ???
Thank you
Bob
You don't shoot to kill; you shoot to stay alive.

A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone!!!

Bushmaster Predator .223,,4x14 Burris

Parke-Hale .22-.250 6x24 Tasco

Red Fag is a "Ruling Queen" Then ???

keekee

Thanks for the kind words guys!

Jim,

QuoteI wiped it off best I could tried to do what he did and I've had a speech impediment ever since. 

I will remember that when you want the last drink out of the bottle! :sad: but I will admit....The "speech impediment" that was a classic! :roflmao:

Nelson,

Your right, but this one went to Panama city FL. Close though!

New dog,

Your just a couple weeks out and yours will be headed that way.

OhioBob,

I get my serving from a custom rod catalog. Its the same thing they use when building custom fishing rods. It is thicker and stronger than regular thread, its a braid type thread. Its hard to get to lay flat, you haft to put one wrap on at a time then work it in, then the next wrap and work it in, pain in the butt, but finishes out nice and tight and looks good. I also buy the custom sealer they sell for coating the serving. It seals up tight, and is water proof. It makes the thread stick together, even if you haft to cut it off, when or if you cut it off, it comes off like a band. Good stuff, but hard on the skin.

Brent

Todd Rahm

Yeah, and wheres the upgraded models........................I want to see the "I got something in the works" howlers.  :biggrin:

Ya know I still don't have a Kee howler either................................., and hows the ironwood?  :sneer:

keekee

Todd,

You can rush things ya know! I got three sent off last week to one call collaborator and 3 more to send off next week to another call making collaborator that don't make calls no more! :iroll:

Look for the first of September!

The Iron wood is in the lathe now, should have two done the first of next week! :eyebrownod: Just put the last coat of teak oil on one of them yesterday. :eyebrow: By the way thank Jerry for the Ironwood! :biggrin:

Brent