• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

One from today....

Started by Arkyyoter, July 27, 2007, 09:10:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arkyyoter

I have had lots of irons in the fire of late, very busy with special orders and real life. At any rate, I made this one today. It is ebony, brass, and a pot of gold acrylic. This call utilizes a JC reed sleeve and JC brass reed.....tuned where I like 'em. It blows ever so softly or extremely loudly....raspy/nasty or demure and sweet. The internals are correct in every respect...It also employs an "O" ring fit. The wood has a multi-coat finish, will wear well...

I hope ya'll like it...

Joe

Todd Rahm

Looks good Joe........... :congrats:

I'm never sure of these fancy marbled looking acrylics and such, but you guys are starting to turn me.  :wink:

DirtyDog

Joe,

I WANT ONE. Let me know when you have some time to make me one.  :wink:

Thanks
ND

THO Game Calls

Beautiful.   The acrylic calls suit your style of turning really well.  It really shows off the colors of the material.  Another beautiful call

Al.
Become one of 'The Hunted Ones' with a THO Game Call
Handcrafted Collector Quality - Field Proven Results

iahntr

Scott

ohiobob

Joe
That is Nice,,it must be "NICE" Call Day,,first the one Bill made Me, and now this one  :highclap: Bravo to Both of you guys !!!
Bob
You don't shoot to kill; you shoot to stay alive.

A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone!!!

Bushmaster Predator .223,,4x14 Burris

Parke-Hale .22-.250 6x24 Tasco

Red Fag is a "Ruling Queen" Then ???

Bills Custom Calls

Whats not to like Joe  That call goes together very nice

Good job on this one  :yoyo:
http://www.billscustomcalls.net

Home of the Triple Surface Pot Call

keekee

Thats a good looking call there Joe!

Brent

Bob D

Those colors really look nice on your call. That is a good one Joe.
Bob

Arkyyoter

Coulter

I'm with Todd - I never really cared much for acrylic calls, but if you guys keep posting these beauties I might just have to try some in the near future. Great looking call!!

Steve

FinsnFur

I missed this one, but I kinda like it.
Where is all these funky swirl plastics coming from? I've never been able to figure that out.

Are you cutting up old bowling balls? Thats the closest thing I can think of to some of the color configurations getting posted.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Arkyyoter

Jim.....the are mostly pearlized acrylics....not bowling ball material.....some are available from HUT....

Joe

kkbait

ohiobob

Joe
What is HUT ???
Thank you
Bob

ohiobob

Joe
Thank you very much for the Quick Info,,the only "Hut" we have around here is a "Head Shop" Called the Quoinset Hut
and I DIDNT figure that YOU would be buying ANYTHING from that HUT  :laf: well unless ya was undercover or whatever it is that Johnny law does with the "Head Shops"  :shrug: I havent been to one of them since 1978  :confused: DAMN that is a LONG TIME ago  :madd:
But thank you VERY MUCH !!!
Bob

songdog_sniper

Hut is a good place to buy wood, I have only had a few pieces of cocobolo that I wasn't happy with but a few that were absoloutely awesome. So I'm not complaining.   Joe you are making some good looking calls out of that acrylic though.  I like the new style you got going on bud.  Aaron.

Arkyyoter

Thanks Aaron......I like the multi colored acrylics.

Joe

canine

I like that!! Those are the colors of my favorite football team........The Steelers :yoyo:

Nice job Joe  :congrats:

JD